Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Question about rhythm waves

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So im here trying to finish this skin but the rhythm its gettin a little harder to code for me at the moment.
what im really trying do to is to make the waves like in my other skin X-AUDIO
i just want to know the code of the overlapping waves i dont know if i got it right but its when the waves are one on top of the other one
any help will be much appreciated

btw this is a 4 deck skin the one im trying to do

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 8:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using the old syntax (ver 6) with colors in the bmp file, or the new rythmzone (ver7) with html color codes?

Posted Fri 05 Nov 10 @ 8:45 pm
new html color codes

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 1:07 am
In the new html rhtyhm, there is no code for overlapping. According to your chosen colors VDJ automatically assigns the overlap color. So for the classic overlapping rhtyhm, it would be better to use the old syntax.
One more thing about the new rhythmzone is that you can not also assign different color to cues.
We all hope that these will change in next updates, to avoid graphic colors and large bmp files.

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 7:13 am
SupaconPRO InfinityMember since 2005
DJDad, I was looking to see if there was a way to change the colors of the cues with the new syntax -- evidently not. Is there a workaround where you can use the old syntax somehow, perhaps? When I tried this, the cues just didn't show up at all...

This is unfortunately, because in my opinion, it looks really ugly and not too visible for the cuepoints to be the same color as the rest of the waveform.

What would be even better is to be able to specify a brightness, hue, and/or saturation for cues relative to the color of the original rhythm colors. I'll keep dreaming, though.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 5:38 pm
Unfortunately its not possible.
With the new rhythmzone you ca not change the color of the cue or grid.

Use the old syntax for making cues look like the way you want.

The way the new rhythm zone works for now, is usefull for multideck skins because this saves you lot of bmp space. But for 2 deck skin you can sacrifise a few pixels more to make the rhythm better using the old syntax.

A rhythmzone with ability to set the color not only for the cue, but also for the grid using html colors, is definetely in my 2011 wishlist.

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 6:55 pm
I see... In addition it appears that you also can't adjust the position of the cue2 text labels vs. the cue 1 labels. That is, normally I'd like the deck to cue name labels to appear below the deck 1 cue names so they don't cover each other up. I am guessing that these also can't independently be adjusted...

In my case, one of the things I had been wishing for for a long time was the ability to make the Deck 2 rhythm appear upside down. Atomix delivered this in VDJ7, but in order to use this, I have to sacrifice the cuepoint coloring :(

I have one more question pertaining to my skin, though. It seems that the beatgrid works only sporadically. I'm not really sure why... I was wondering if it has something to do with the beatgrid being outside of the rhythm element's space, but this seems to be how one would normally implement it. Sometimes it appears to work, and sometimes not.

<rhythmzone upsidedown="opposite" pannel="noscratch_upsidedown">
<size width="4979" height="270"/>
<pos x="72" y="135"/>
<mask x="+0" y="+8000"/>
<colors
chan1_active="#0096ff" chan1="#01416f"
chan2_active="#ff0000" chan2="#860000"
/>
<grid height="24" width="15" mainwidth="35">
<pos y1="414" y2="445"/>
</grid>
<cue y="135" height="270">
<mask x="259" y="4650" width="27" height="270"/>
<text dx="9" dy="0" font="ARIAL GREEK" size="60" color="#B0E0FF"/>
</cue>
</rhythmzone>

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 5:46 am
I figured out how to fix this, finally:

I have to make the rhythmzone's height include the beatgrid, but it's also covered up by the rhythm waveform.

I then also have to add a <rhythm /> element like this:

<rhythm y="135" height="270" />

That specifies the bounds of the actual rhythm waveform within the rhythmzone, and then all is well.

Posted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 7:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)