Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: can we start from the beginning ???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vboldPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Soooooooooooo,

there are few things I'd really like to do with VDJ but i'm confused !!

Using an RMX and I'd really like to customise it

like this topic on configuring the source button to switch between decks

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/135637/PC_Version_Technical_Support/RMX___VDJ7.html?page=

I also want to have the shift button mapped to another button (maybe the gain), maybe even the turntable
I really like the bass swap on the multifunction skin as the RMX bass eq's have a problem with cutting out and i'd like to map it to the output vol slider or maybe use the arrow keys)
I also want to make a hot loop function so that then that cue is hit it does a loop as well.

BUT

I've has a couple of answers before and in the above link but all I see is the code.
Could we start at the beginning ?
How do I get to enter the codes, what am i editing, i've seen the RMX mapper - is that what I should be using?
Can I use a skin like Multifunction 7 when it's out and then change some of it's button assignments?

Thanks

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 12:15 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi,

If you don't like the way the buttons of your RMX are reacting, you have to map them. You can do that with the mapper.
settings/mapper. choose rmx and start creating you wishes. In the box on the right side you see the actions & scripts. If you type one you can read what it do. If you like more actions for one button (like your hot-loop) just type "deck 1 hotcue 1 & loop 4" this will set cue 1 and start a loop. (I think smart-loop will do the jop to.)

If you like to change the buttons or slider in the skin you need to open the xml-file of the skin and change it. But I would ask the creator first to change it.

Hope you can do something with this..

Best regards,
John

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 11:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)