Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Karaoke + video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

wallterHome userMember since 2010

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 4:24 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
here you go...

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 6:58 am
Thanks, Paul... I could just describe one way to do that. Convert karaoke song to video file and add it into VDJ player. Video spot coud be added as an clipbank, but I couldn't find a way to adjust transparency (50%, I guess...) in my demo VDJ. Another thing, a timing of both files could ba a pain in the ass. The upper example was made in Sony Vegas.

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 11:03 am
with clipbank not having an alpha channel it's not possible, you could put back ground clips in the movie tab in the Firetext plugin and reduce the transparency so the text comes through or re edit the most popular karaoke files with a background video the way you have, but that will be a long and boring process.

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 12:39 pm
Just added in clipbank an uncompressed avi with transparent alpha channel but VDJ didn't recognize it. Showing background as a black colour, not allowing to show through playing music video. ??? Explanation: I've done an video with 3D logo animation in left upper corner. Background was green and I removed it in Vegas and saved as uncompressed avi with transparent background and that left upper corner animation. In clipbank, I could see animation, but again, there's only black background. So, clipbank doesn't support alpha channel videos. Am I wrong, did anyone else tried this?

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 3:29 pm
Homie if you can get that to work you'd be famous!!!

Never give up!!
Huey

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 4:07 pm
tried a lot of ways ivan but no joy, it's just not set up for it yet. only way is make a swf with a window in it so text will be clear through and run it through the movie tab.

Posted Thu 18 Nov 10 @ 6:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)