Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Setup Probs ...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have setup a small PC next to my TT`s that I plan on using along with VDJ is all goes well with the demo ...Have added the Maya 44 USB soundcard ... The problem is without using software and just hooking up the TT`s and mixer I only get sound from my TTX1 my other TT a Kam DDX3000 has no sound ... also no lights on the soundcard when playing ... have tried changing cable etc.Also the signal
also sounds a lot quieter on the TTX1 through my spewakers than usual .
Is a pre-amp needed in this case for the Kam .. Cheers

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 10:58 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First problem is you are trying to use the soundcard without software. The soundcard by default doesn't know what to do with the signal and no lights are blinking because nothing is being processed.

Need to use software to tell the hardware what to do.

cstoll

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 11:15 pm
thanks .... works fine with one of the turntables ... just have to mess with it a bit more to get sound out the other ... and no type of boost to the signal is required?

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 2:13 am
actually ... while its in my head .... TT1 (TTX1) works in both sets of inputs .. just by plugging them in (no software changes) ....
TT2 (Kam DDx3000) doesn`t work in any of them ... (Its not the cable or turntable .. I tried)

Cheers again.

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 2:50 am
Question? Are you using the TTX1 in Phone or Line Output?

Reason for asking is the the TTX1 does not use a Ground Wire and if you are using the Line Output the the built-in PreAmp is why you are getting such a strong signal from the TTX1. Therefore, you wouldn't be using the PreAmp setting in VDJ.

Your Kam TT is built like a traditional turntable. There is a grounding post on the back that you may need to hook a ground wire to. (For more info, search the forum and read the manual on how to properly hook up a ground wire for TT use.) Also, in VDJ for the Channel that the Kam TT is connected to you will need to make sure the PreAmp is checked in the configuration.

Let me know if this is any help. Keep posting we will get it right.

BTW, if you are still using the demo (referring to you opening post) then I believe you are limited to only one input for the TCVs, but maybe wrong. Someone will correct me if I am. Look forward to you getting to full version, it is well worth it; and would make getting you setup alot easier.

cstoll

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 4:12 pm
thanks for the help ...

At the moment I have the demo downloaded but as yet haven`t tried it ..
I was just trying to first set up the TT`s so I could use both as normal but passing through the PC..
I have ordered TCV & I`m waiting on them arriving..was gonna try them along with the demo to see
if its anygood ... then if its decent I`ll buy the full version.

..I `am using the line input on the TTx ...

thanks again ... I`ll have a look through the forum again ... the problem isn`t the searching ,its the what to search for :¬0

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 5:51 pm
Also for some reason I only get lights on the Maya for Input channels 3&4 and outputs 1&2 .. if I plug the kam cables into these I get a goo sound from the kam..

Just can`t get this across all 4 inputs and 4 outputs ....

(the problem is me)

Cheers

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 6:03 pm
Steff,
that's because you are using the Demo version. In the Demo version tcv is limited to 1 input and 1 output. With this setup you could test the tcv's. If you like it upgrade to the full version and then you'll be able to use both inputs and outputs.
Ewout

Posted Sun 26 Jun 05 @ 7:59 pm
At the moment I`m not using any version ... I`m still haven`t installed the demo .
I was trying to get the TT`s to play as normal through the PC before
I started messing with anything else..

Cheers

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 9:49 am
@Steff1968 -- I'll go back to my first post -- "First problem is you are trying to use the soundcard without software. The soundcard by default doesn't know what to do with the signal and no lights are blinking because nothing is being processed."

You need to get some software loaded. You'll be spinning your wheels all day if you plan on getting all inputs and outputs of the Maya to work WITHOUT SOFTWARE!

cstoll

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 5:02 pm
I have a cut down version of Cubase called Cubasis installed .The ASIO config software for the Maya
is available through that .

Cheers Again...

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 5:28 pm
Well go to Cubase website and figure out why it won't open the other inputs.
Maybe their cutdown version (like VDJ's Demo) only allows one input??

cstoll

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 2:42 am
This is obviously stuff I`ve already ruled out ...

Thanks

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 9:46 am
Don't know what to tell you further. You are asking for help and not even using the VDJ software and to further complicate the matter you are using a not vendor's product and asking for support here. This is not the right place for such requests. Install the VDJ Demo and comeback with some better questions - better yet most of your questions have already been answered.

cstoll

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 3:13 pm
All I`m looking to do is get the TT`s working through the PC before taking it further ...I have ordered
TCV which I will try that along with the demo when they arrive ....If it`s what I`m looking for I will buy VDJ ...

Thanks.

Posted Tue 28 Jun 05 @ 5:36 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Steff,

You do need a special preamp for the turntables before going into the soundcard because the level coming out of the turntables is much lower than the standard line level. The signal from the turntable is virtually unusable.
The good news is that VDJ can use that low signal without the need for a preamp (I haven't tried the TCV feature of VDJ yet myself, but this is what I understand.) It will compensate for the low levels, but that's only when you are using VDJ. Without VDJ, you will be getting a very low and virtually unusable signal by going directly to the soundcard.
Other TCV s/w like FS, MsPinky, PCDJ, don't have this feature and you need the preamp or their own proprietary 'scratch-amp' to do what can be done on VDJ with just a regualr sound card.

So I think you will want to install the demo version of VDJ and see if you get results, though you will be limited to a single turntable.

Hope this answers your questions,
-Frd

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 12:36 am
Seems that the sound card was the problem ... Took it back to Sound Control ... Guy tried it and confirmed one of the inputs was dodgy ... new card works no problem ....

Thanks everyone for all the help ...

Can now give it a go as TCV has also arrived ...

Posted Wed 29 Jun 05 @ 6:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)