Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: adding an eq to my set up w tdv/maya 44

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

using the maya 44, i want to set up an eq... is this possible?

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 5:02 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hardware EQ or Software EQ?

Using the VST/Plugin capabilities of VDJ the are a couple of EQ solutions available. Check the plugin sections.

Hardware EQ - Where are your outputs from the MAYA currently going? Straight to a mixer?
If to a mixer then you can add a EQ in between the Mixer and AMPS/Speakers.

cstoll

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 5:57 pm
i guess i can go either way... on the eq solutions.. just download the plugin.. and install it..
do u think it's best to use that? i just want to be able to do a bit more than what i can do w my mixer right now...
my mixer has only a bass and treble-- so i would like to be able to have a bit more adjusting capabilities-- i would be going from my mixer to my amplified speakers...
i have the set up just like it is explained in the manual... im not home right now so i cant tell u what i have it connected to.. sorry for that... but i have 2 tt's my vestax mixer and the maya 44...
i have done absolutely no tweaking to the system on my own.. i have only used the info as it is on our site for using TCV.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 6:36 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well I guess the choice would be how much tweaking you would be making? If you are going to tweak every song you play then using the plugins are probably the best. If you are simply going to tweak the overall system sound then I would go with the external EQ unit that is connected between the mixer and amp/speakers.

cstoll

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 12:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)