Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Backspin causes waveform to move forward...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So, I orginally posted a question by a friend who had issues with VDJ and backspinning. Essentially, everytime you move the TCV, whether it's forward or backward, the waveform moves forward. Many people believed either myself or my friend was using a cracked version and wouldn't even answer my questions about it. However, I now have found myself with the exact same issue.

I can now break it down better for all you VDJ gods out there...I was having issues getting both of my turntables to send a TCV signal for VDJ. http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13509

Now, toward the end of my last post there, I mention how I can get two TCV signals by using Maya and a friend's SB Audigy 2ZS Notebook. What is interesting is that in order to make both of the TCV work, I had to use ASIO4ALL instead of the standard Maya driver since I had to use the SB soundcard as well. Now whenever I backspin on the deck that is plugged into the SB, the waveform only moves forward. It doesn't matter which turntable (TT) is plugged into it, either one will do the same. Only one TT works with the Maya, and when it is plugged into the Maya it backspins fine, even when the other TT is plugged into the SB. I assume the is a faulty setup of ASIO4ALL on my part or a bug or a missed setting somewhere. I believe that everything I have done follows numberous posts about getting TCV to work. My Maya settings are the ones recommended by cstoll. Anyone think they know what is going on?

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 1:05 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I'd love to help you Frothy but I'm real confused on what you actually have set up. I was trying to help you on your no TCV signal post as well. So the maya works fine but the SB that is in another persons notebook computer doesn't. You might want to play with invert phase on the advanced view under time code configuration. Although I believe if you're getting a signal then you have the right phase selected. Sorry you're having such problems. I can speak for most TCV users, the process was pretty painless and works well....be patient, you'll get it figured out. Hopefully someone else had this problem and can pitch in. I still think you should continue to work towards fixing your problem with not being able to use Maya totally. While this setup is getting you a signal on both, as you know, it's not the setup you want.

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 3:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)