Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: LED mapping help please!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I'm in the middle of mapping the Novation Launchpad I've just about got everything sussed, but I'm not sure of the best way to this...

I want it so that when a button has it's function activated it is lit up, and I can do this using the "default" function in the definition. But what I want is that when the function is not active, I'd like the LED to be dimly lit. That's the bit I'm struggling with.

The LEDs work on midi notes (the same midi note as the button it's behind) and then put different values for which colour I want and the brightness.

Any thoughts?

Posted Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 11:50 am
Try adding zero="value" to the LED definition, where value is the dim value for the LED.

Posted Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 2:39 pm
Brilliant, thank you! That works great.

The next problem is that the LEDs are all off when the unit is initialised. Is there a way to put all the LEDs in their dim state as soon as the unit is plugged in?

Posted Sun 24 Oct 10 @ 3:58 pm
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Use the oninit command

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 11:55 am
Thanks for the reply, I was hoping there might be an easier way becuase with 64 buttons plus extras it's gonna be a long command if I have to do it that way. Haven't had a chance to look at it this week, gonna try and finish it in the next couple though.

Posted Sun 31 Oct 10 @ 1:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)