Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 1 Computer 2 hercules Dj consoles work ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hbrockHome userMember since 2004
Is it possible to connect 2 hercules DJ consolen to the same PC to control 2 different Instances of virtual DJ ?

thx

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 5:36 am
hmmm..never gave it a thought, but might work if you have a multi instance skin, or if you have multi intstances running...

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 7:01 am
This should definitally be possible, and heres how.

First of all, when you attach two hercules dj consoles to the computer. it is connected to different ports which mean the computer picks it up as two different pieces of hardware.

BUT heres your problem

when you use the virtual dj application, you can control it by using keys on the keyboard. example, the key "enter" may control the play button on deck one. But when you press the play button for deck one on the hercules dj console, all it does is sends the "Enter" key to the application. so if you had two dj consoles attached and you pressed play on deck one on vdj application one, both vdj applications one and two would play the song assigned to deck one on vdj app one and two. ( I hope i am not confussing you) Basically you have the same key on the keyboard assigned to both applications.

Heres how you would get it to work ( This example is just for the play button - You will have to work the rest out yourself)

You have Two dj consoles with four play buttons -

Dj console 1 - Deck 1
Dj console 1 - Deck 2
Dj console 2 - Deck 1
Dj console 2 - Deck 2

So what you do is assign 4 different keys on the keyboard to each of these play buttons. So open two instances of the virtual dj application, 1 + 2

open app 1 and locate config > keyboard shortcuts, and then assign these ( or other keys ) to the play buttons

Dj console 1 - Deck 1 = q ( The play button for app one - deck one )
Dj console 1 - Deck 2 = w ( The play button for app one - deck two )

Then open app two and do the same with these keys

Dj console 2 - Deck 1 = e ( The play button for app two - deck one )
Dj console 2 - Deck 2 = r ( The play button for app two - deck two )

Then once you have done this.

Assing the same keys to each of the dj consoles. Example - If play on vdj app 1 , deck 1 is
"q" then make sure that the button "play" on the dj console 1 , deck 1 is also assigned to "q" and if play on the vdj app 2, deck 1 is "e" then make sure that the button "play" on the dj console 2 , deck 1 is also assigned to "e"

AND remember, each key must be unique, you can not use the same key on both app's. If you have "q" as play on app 1, you can not use the same key on app 2 ( you may have to lose some features, as there may not be enough keys to be unique for both apps)

OK. And hers the tricky part. ( Yeah alright ) In order to use two apps on one pc you must have them sync with each other ( basically you have four decks instead of two ) Open the vdj app and locate "config > network" then select the option "full sync" ( on both apps )

If all this works, you will be able to use two app's and two consoles. one app will be controlled by one console and the other app will be controlled by the other console and you will be able to use all the features avaliable ( sync ) and basically you have four decks which can be sync'd with each other.

Let me know how you get on, as i have considered this myslef, i just dont have the cash yet.

Regards, DJ MICK_c

www dot acidplanet dot com, search DJ_Freestyle ( check out these mix's to see what you can actually do with this application, any feedback would be appreciated )

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 1:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)