Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Don't want to scan entire Harddrive.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djmoosePRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK, unfortunately, my laptop only has one drive/partition.

I have all of my MP3z that I want to use in Virtual DJ in a specific folder. However, I will from time to time have other mp3z on the hard drive...most of which I do not intend to use in Virtual DJ.

So, is there a way I can fill the database up with only items in my c:\mp3 folder? (I understand about making the favorite in the left-hand panel...but I just don't want anything else showing up in my searches.)

Thanks guys!

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 3:54 am
The only way that I can think of is to use partition magic and make a small partition of your hardrive (or whatever size you want to make it). After you do this it will have another drive letter (maybe E: ?). You would then select to only scan drive c: and not the new drive.

Killabee44

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 4:06 am
ugh...not an option...

note to developers...how about making it an option exactly what to scan for the databse?

note to myself...next time I rebuild my laptop...make a seperate partition for mp3z.

hahahahaha

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 4:09 am
Just figured it out...simply dont select scan entire HD....but just right-click the folder and select 'add to search db"

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 4:17 am
aaahhh.. ok. I learned something new about VDJ today. Thanks.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 5:29 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I use it all the time..
Or the opposite, lets say you have a folder with 10 subfolders to scan, and you dont want 1 one of them. Or you scan the entire drive and dont want search results from one particular folder or subfolder. Just right click on it and remove it from the "search DB"
Easy and fast :)

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 9:57 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)