Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Advanced Mapping Verbs/Swap Decks - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Is there a way to map 2 left/right controllers so that when you press a button on one of them, the controllers trade decks?

(I have a pair of V7's and a Hercules RMX. The v7's control decks 1 and 2 and the RMX 3 and 4. I want to map it so if I was playing 2 songs on 1 and 2, and then loaded a scratch sample on 3 or 4, I could press a button and then the v7's would now control 3 and 4 so I could scratch, and the RMX control decks 1 and 2. )

Thanks

Posted Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 10:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is a VDJ action called assign_controller

You have to play around with this one..

Try to map a keyboard button for start as..
deck 1 assign_controller "DJCRMX" ? deck 1 assign_controller "V7" 1 & deck 2 assign_contoller "V7" 2 & deck 3 assign_controller "DJCRMX" : deck 3 assign_controller "V7" 1 & deck 4 assign_contoller "V7" 2 & deck 1 assign_controller "DJCRMX"
or this one .. i'm not sure which one will work..
deck 1 assign_controller 'DJCRMX' ? deck 1 assign_controller 'V7' 1 & deck 2 assign_contoller 'V7' 2 & deck 3 assign_controller 'DJCRMX' : deck 3 assign_controller 'V7' 1 & deck 4 assign_contoller 'V7' 2 & deck 1 assign_controller 'DJCRMX'

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 4:05 am
Ok the buttons on my MixDeck when mapped well have the same function on both side. So basically when I try to map one it effects both. I've tried to use some of the scripts here but it's not working for me. Could somebody help me out please.

Totaly lost
Huey

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 6:04 pm
action_deck 1 ? command for deck 1 : command for deck 2

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 9:09 pm
Not sure if that was meant for me DJDAD but it didnt work, I get a syntax error starting from,
"1 : command for deck 2 "

Anything else I can try??

Huey

EDIT I got it to work after I figured out theres no verb called "COMMAND FOR DECK 2", lmao!!
Thanks bro!

Posted Tue 08 Mar 11 @ 9:45 pm
It's better to use device_side 'left' ? left_action : right_action - This will then work if the controller is assigned to decks other than 1 & 2.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 4:34 am
Ok then it should be like this,
device_side 'left' ? Deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 select : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 select : deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 select

What's the difference between device side left and action deck 1?

Thanks for the info and help
Huey

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 9:31 am
It's actually the same thing, but device_side will work in multideck setups, as stated above. In case you use just 2 decks, both actions (syntax) will have the same result.

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 9:39 am
Ok I think I got it, lol!

Thanks Bob for the time and info and the Support Team aswell!
Huey

Posted Wed 09 Mar 11 @ 12:58 pm
NECESITO AYUDA EN COMO SAVE MY PLAY LISTE

Posted Wed 16 Mar 11 @ 10:52 pm

Posted Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 8:34 am
Hi All,

You have provided a great support, thank you.

I have an Hercules RMX and thanks to you I have been able to mapped it to use it with 4 decks. However, it is quite difficult to handle 4 songs at the same time. What could help to me, would be having a better control of the volumens. For example whenever you slide up or down the volume line at the Hercules (consider only the left side), both decks 1 and 3 at the software should respond together. In other words, both volumens in deck 1 and deck 3 should move equally and controled by the left volume line at the Hercules. This should happens independently of the assigned deck.

Is it possible to do it? How?

Thanks for your guidance.

Posted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 1:39 pm
You can assign your RMX volume faders as ..
deck 1 volume & deck 3 volume for the left one
and
deck 2 volume & deck 4 volume .. for the right one

but i wouldn't recommend that.

Posted Tue 05 Apr 11 @ 12:17 pm
Hello,

Is it possible to keep an audio FX activated permanently ?? An equalizer, for example.

So the FX is always activated, keeping the same parameters, no matter if a song is loaded in any deck.

This can save the aquisition of an external DSP ;-)

Thank you for your support.
DJ GilMaster.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 11 @ 5:43 pm
I'm wondering if it's possible to use the shift or control key in combination with a controller button. i.e, on my RMX turning the 6 hotkeys on each deck into say, 18. So far I've had no luck with using a keyboard in combination with a controller, but then again I'm a noob at scripting.

muchos gracias

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 12:17 pm
If you use global variables such as set $shift 1 while_pressed then this should be possible.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 11 @ 3:20 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Video Display Toggle Button

What would be the VDJ script on a midi-controller (like Xponent, RMX, MK4) if I want to toggle video display on the left between 1 & 3, and right, 2 & 4?

Thanks

Posted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 1:43 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Try this if you have the same button for each side,
device_side 'left' ? Deck 1 leftvideo ? deck 3 leftvideo & deck 3 select : deck 1 leftvideo & deck 1 select : deck 2 rightvideo ? deck 4 rightvideo & deck 4 select : deck 2 rightvideo & deck 2 select

Let me know
Huey

It worked flawlessly like a dream, man!

Thank you! Thank you!
Jodi

Posted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 11:12 pm
I'm currently using a Hercules RMX and 1 technics 1200. My goal is to control two decks with the Hercules and scratch with virtual vinyl. I've read through the threads and properly input the script where I can toggle on a 4 deck map between decks 1 and 3. Currently the default decks for the RMX are decks 3 and 2. The vinyl default deck is deck 1. Is there a way to make decks 1 and 3 my defaults decks for the Hercules and deck 3 the default deck for the vinyl? Any help is appreciated.

Posted Fri 29 Apr 11 @ 12:08 pm
Found my answer on forum. It is very helpful.

Posted Sat 30 Apr 11 @ 7:19 pm
78%