Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Vestax Typhoon on V7 - No scratch on right deck.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

Thanks for Version 7, much appreciated looks good. Just installed and plugged in my Typhoon for the first time, recognises it straight away.

However I can't seem to scratch on deck 2 (playing or paused) deck 1 works fine....

Is anyone else having this problem, do I need to do something with the xml mappings ?

Thanks.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 3:02 pm
Problem solved.

Tried it on a fresh install on another computer, worked fine.

I think the problem on the initial computer was due to it having used other controllers (DenonHC-4500) in the past on earlier versions and remembering the jog button settings (bend only/scratch only, bend/scratch depending on pressure on wheel). It was not obvious as I don't think there is a jog mode button on the skin (only on the denon controller).

Hopefully this may help someone else though that has the same problem.

Posted Wed 13 Oct 10 @ 3:15 am
I recently purchased a Vestax Typhoon bundled with Virtual DJ LE.

I am having problems with the right jog wheel. It only works for bending, it doesn't work for scratching even if I touch the metal part of the jog wheel. The left jog wheel is working fine (for both bending and scratching).
I've tried re-installing the ASIO4TYPHOON driver as well as the Virtual DJ LE that came with the unit but to no avail. I've also tried installing the driver and Virtual DJ on another computer but I'm experiencing the same problem with the right jog wheel.

I went back to the store (Audiophile Philippines) and tested a different unit but still got the same problem. Could this be a driver or software (Virtual DJ) problem?

Posted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 2:47 am
If you have previously used another version of VirtualDJ such as Home FREE, you may have turned off scratch on the right-hand side.

Either activate the Pro trial via CONFIG and then toggle Options -> Jog Mode to Vinyl.

Or install Home FREE and use this to set the JogMode as above (Home FREE will only allow controller use for 10 minutes as a trial of Pro features, but this is more than enough time to set the jogwheel mode.)

Posted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 7:17 am
It sure did the trick! The right jog wheel now works for scratching. The jog mode was set to Vinyl/CD. I already changed it to Vinyl.
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

Posted Tue 11 Jan 11 @ 6:09 am
Had the same problem. I was getting worried the actual Typhoon controller was busted... :(

Thanks for the save!!! :)

Posted Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 2:51 pm
ALIKAILE userMember since 2013
I have a vestax typhoon controller
running on MacOs Virtulal Dj pro 7.0.4

Neither one of my jog wheels work.. They only pause the music on touch.. I can't scratch or scroll forward or backwards.. only the filter button works with the jog wheels, so Im assuming its a setting..

I've tried everything, switched to vinyl mode, reinstalled, clicked every option.. no change..

it works fine in other programs like serato intro & traktor, Im able to scratch scroll ect.. but not in Virtual Dj... ??? What gives ??? it worked once b4

Now the only thing my jog wheels does is pause the music on touch, and continues play on release.. its worthless

can some one help.. ????

Posted Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 8:55 am
This is because you are using an out-of-date and possibly illegal version of the software. We are now on version v7.3 and there have been many changes and improvements to the software since then (See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ_History.html )

Please register your Pro serial number on your profile page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then download the latest version from the Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

If you have not purchased VirtualDJ Pro then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (Especially if you are working DJ and are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

You can test it before purchasing for 10 minutes at a time in the latest VirtualDJ Home FREE: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html

Posted Fri 11 Jan 13 @ 9:55 am
nickgoodman wrote :
Hi,

Thanks for Version 7, much appreciated looks good. Just installed and plugged in my Typhoon for the first time, recognises it straight away.

However I can't seem to scratch on deck 2 (playing or paused) deck 1 works fine....

Is anyone else having this problem, do I need to do something with the xml mappings ?

Thanks.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 10:05 pm
Support staff wrote :
If you have previously used another version of VirtualDJ such as Home FREE, you may have turned off scratch on the right-hand side.

Either activate the Pro trial via CONFIG and then toggle Options -> Jog Mode to Vinyl.

Or install Home FREE and use this to set the JogMode as above (Home FREE will only allow controller use for 10 minutes as a trial of Pro features, but this is more than enough time to set the jogwheel mode.)

Posted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 10:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)