Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: AUTOMIX (NEW USER)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sarlacPRO InfinityMember since 2005
JUST GOT VDJ3. GETTING TO GRIPS WITH MOST BITS. USED PCDJ FX BEFORE FROM THE FIRST ISSUE TO THE LAST UPDATE SO LIKE MANY OTHERS BECAME AN UNPAID BETA TESTER FOR EMMISSION!!!!COMPARED TO ALL THE ISSUES I'VE HAD WITH PCDJ VDJ3 SEEMS VERY SORTED.

MOST FUNCTIONS I'VE SORTED BUT THE AUTOMIX I'M NOT TOO HAPPY WITH. WHY CAN'T THE TRACKS START WITH THE FADER IN THE CENTRE POSITION LIKE PCDJ DOES? AM I MISSING SOMETHING?
AT THE MOMENT I BELIEVE I HAVE THE BEST 'BACKGROUND MUSIC SETUP' WITH FULL FADE ENABLED & 13 SECONDS FADE TIME. CAN ANYONE ADVISE IF THE SOLUTION I'M AFTER IS ACHIEVABLE WITH THIS SOFTWARE. I MEAN YOU WOULDN'T WORK LIKE THAT IN REAL LIFE. WOULD YOU ?

OTHER ISSUES ARE:
1. VIDEO OUT TO TV
2. BUYING A HERCULES DJ CONSOLE. I JUST WANTED AN ALL IN ONE SOLUTION FOR HOME MIXING WITHOUT LOADS OF CABLES EVERYWHERE. I'LL USE THE DAC-2 FOR GIGS AS FROM WHAT I'VE HEARD THE HERCULES IS NOT UP TO THE JOB. WHAT IS THE BEST CONTROLLER ON THE MARKET TO USE?

OTHER THAN THAT IT'S ALL BEEN SO EASY. WELL DONE TEAM VDJ!

MANY THANKS FOR READING THIS POST. ANY ADVICE IS WELCOMED.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 7:54 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:08 pm
MANY THANKS. I HAVE THE VDJ3 MANUAL ETC AND HAVE HAD A GENERAL LOOK AT POSTS ON THIS SUBJECT.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF THE CROSSFADE CAN START IN THE MIDDLE AND FADE TOWARDS THE NEXT TRACK LOADED FROM THE PLAYLIST IN THE OTHER PLAYER AND FOR THE TRACK ENDING TO FADE OUT WITHOUT THE CROSSFADE STARTING FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY.

P.S..........AHH CAPS? WHATS ALL THAT ABOUT? IS IT SOME NORTHERN DJ THING?

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:20 pm
PLEASE DON'T TYPE IN ALL CAPS PLEASE

It's very hard to read and generally frowned upon in many forums.

Set your crossfader time to 1 second and turn force fade on and disable auto bpm that should be what you are looking for.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 8:51 pm
ok.

i've tried these settings and although the fader zips across to bring the new track into play the downside is that the track thats ending loses any chance of of fading out smoothly.

i guess it's always going to do that when the fader is programmed to move from one deck to the other and not from the centre which i guess is the method most dj would favour.

for example your playing at a wedding where most of the cheeze your putting on does not lend itself to beat mixing. you've got a bit of abba playing on deck 1 with tom jones on deck 2. the abba track is about to end so you set you set your fader to the middle and press play so you don't miss the 'bom-b-bom' start of 'it's not unusual' and then you would fade the abba track out. and there you go!

my apologies for putting it like this but that's what it's like for me and i'm sure many others. in the grand scheme of things it's not that important when you consider the rest of vdj's features but it's a bit unrealistic.

many thanks anyway.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 10:41 pm
Go to the plugin section and download the crossfader curves plugin give that a shot or try djcel's simple mix plugin.

Posted Sun 19 Jun 05 @ 10:45 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I advise you too my plugin XFade which contrary to vdj's automix, starts the crossfader where it is and not from a side

Posted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:04 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Most dj's here do everything manually, I know no one who ever uses auto mix, not even for the transition you described, it is not difficult to do that manually, and if your getting paid, then you should look busy.

Just my opinion, is their anything else we can help you with?.

p.s, The hercules is actually amazingly underrated, especially here, their are known faults, it's not perfect, but it has great advantages, and that's why it's the greatest selling software based controller on the market.

If you use msn, you can ad me to your contact list, I can show you my videos of how the hercules works with or without a mixer, and also tell you if it is for you.

Bagpuss.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 12:41 am
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 12:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)