Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skins and public perception.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Gang -

I have a 1680x1050 TFT that really impresses my clients and their guests.

Now, I use CONDENSED 1.5 on pretty much all my systems.

While I prefer a less is more uncluttered skin, having one that looks all gadget and gimmicky could at least give impression of, "WOW, I could never do that" type of response.

While I enjoyed PCDJ RED, it was very simple looking but effective. But now would give appearance of caveman simplicity.

Anyone want to make a STNG skin? :)

Anyhow, have you noticed or gave thought to this?

Posted Wed 06 Oct 10 @ 11:40 am
Personally I use a very minimalistic skin right now... Anything that can be seen/used from my controller is missing from this skin.
BTW: What's "STNG" ???

Posted Wed 06 Oct 10 @ 12:13 pm
STNG = Star Trek: The Next Generation

Posted Wed 06 Oct 10 @ 12:36 pm
LOL... I'm afraid I can't help you then... I have 5 or 6 unfinished skins lying around here but none of them looks like a spacecraft cockpit... :P

Posted Wed 06 Oct 10 @ 2:16 pm
Just wait for Zanard's new skin. It looks all space age, lol!!

Huey

Posted Wed 06 Oct 10 @ 3:24 pm

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 5:14 am
Those are cool. But miss my waves :) and CBG.

Imagine Data working a touch screen - like he did when 'drunk'.

Something about positronic brain could make an effective mix master scratch dj. :)

Posted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 11:05 am

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 2:20 pm
1920x1080

Looks cool - Hmmm...

All about options. :)

Posted Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 3:43 pm
I'll see if I can whip up some higher resolution versions... ugh, there goes the rest of my free time LOL

-DjChuck

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 12:49 pm
Well I was looking back at this thread and notice the title " Public Perception ".............does it really matter what they think of our skin? Does it get you more gigs? Does it make you a better DJ? For me it doesn't really seem to matter to much to people as long as they can dance and hear there songs. I don't really see a bride asking what skin your gonna use for her wedding.. I guess my question is why do you care what they think of your skin?? Obviously if there worried about our skin that means their not having a good time which would your fault not the skins.......

Maybe im way off here......
Huey

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 1:40 pm
Wow, I just looked up the graphics and LCARS is dead on the money for what you asked for. STTNG all the way, nice job!

-DjChuck

Posted Thu 10 Feb 11 @ 2:10 pm
@DJChuck: Thanks :) i really enjoyed making that one!

@ewitles: I'll see what i can come up with at your resolution with waves and CBG a little later on... I have a family loss to deal with right now, tho.

Larry

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 8:44 am
Thanks!

No rush bro, take care what is important - we will always be here. :)

Posted Fri 11 Feb 11 @ 12:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)