Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: How is it possible to show a pannel only when controller is connected

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I'm searching about a solution to show a pannel only when a HID or MIDI controller is connected (i want to make an action button for rescan_controllers).
I have a pannel solution when timecode is active, so my question, is it possible with controller? And a further step, how can i combine that in the same place on the skin?
My Timecode solution:

<pannel pannel="unlocked" id="timecode" group="timecode">
<size width="87" height="36"/>
<pos x="74" y="145"/>
<down x="645" y="853"/>

</pannel>

Greetz
Avaco

Posted Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 4:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I guess you have created a timecode pannel which is visible and activated when you press Timecode ON button, correct?

Automatic pannels are not possible in the current VDJScript version.

Posted Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 6:19 pm
Hey,

yes that's correct... But I'm the meaning about I've read somewhere that is possible to do that also with a MIDI-Controller Pannel...

Greetz
Avaco

Posted Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 11:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
pannels show up when a button is pressed (keyboard or midi). Yes you can make any pannel you wish visible by pressing any button on your controller. You just have to add to this midi button the following code...

[allready excisting action] & skin_pannel "mypanel" on, where "mypannel" is the pannel you wish to make visible.

Posted Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 2:24 pm
Nice.. Thx.. but I'm not here to have primary school answers ;)

My own solution is, when i need the 'rescan' button VDJ has lost the connection to the controller... so i must have the button everytime while using and not only when controller is connected.. ;)

..and it's possible to show a pannel on other ways as only a button.. But thx for trying to find a solution!

Greetz
Avaco

Posted Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 2:51 pm
So don't put the button on a pannel then. Problem solved. Djdad is a master at what he does and the answer he gave you is right though.

Huey

Posted Thu 30 Sep 10 @ 3:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)