Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: TCV inner grooves = weak signal

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i think i figured out why after playing for a while why i lose signal. it seems that if i have the needle playing from say...0-10min. its a strong 100% after that it start to get sloppy and seems to be fighting to keep the signal at 100% and finally gets no signal, after that point that in order to get it back at 100% i either have to close VDJ and reopen or sometimes a minimize will fix. anyone ever have this problem, and just to clear this up before you say i'm on-board the VDJ "crack" express this is with the demo

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 2:26 pm
" i'm on-board the VDJ "crack" express".... hehe ;) dont worry... no express this time :) demo use is for sure both legal and welcome :)

the issue I cant help with, maybe some of the many TC users have a clue...

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 4:40 pm
norway...what do you use for hardware? honestly i'd trade in all my equip for 2 smooth running xp10's `:) the best which i think so far is TCCD with digital decks but i can see the future is shaping up nicely.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 6:19 pm
SZ-BHome userMember since 2004
it´s very easy to fix your problem : just install your cartridge on your turntable properly . you need a stylus alignment tool for that . you can download it for free at www.tanker.se/lidstrom . i had the same problems , but after adjusting the cartridges on my turntables i have a 100% signal all the time .

Posted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 11:21 pm
i printed that chart out i'm just not so sure i am reading it right, i line up the needle with the middle of the point on the chart. should the cartridge be completely straight? if it is then i have to make the needle angled very funny, almost sideways.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 3:12 pm
put the needle on the 66,0 mm point and adjust it so it is straight with the lines do the same on the 120,9 mm point . look at the drawings next to the 120,9 mm point , they show you how to do it .

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 7:36 pm
i don't even think my needle will reach the 120mm point, the 66 is right in the middle of the record. i have to check when i'm home. so your saying it needs to be straight in both 120 and 66 lines, right?

Posted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 8:49 pm
are you sure you printed it out correctly ??? i mean 66 - 120 mm is where the groove on a normal record is . the spot where it says "turntable spindle" should be directly on your turntable spindle . be shure to center it as good as you can . use the rulers on the side of the sheet to see if it´s printed out corretly . and you have to place the stylus tip directly on the 66,0 and 120,9 mm point (where the lines are crossing)

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 1:19 pm
i think so i just printed it out like normal, i think i have it about right but it still does not give a signal on the very inside grooves. i'll have to try again, might be time for a needle upgrade. does it make a difference if my turntables are sideways? maybe i'm not line this up perfectly

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 3:57 pm
doesn´t matter how you put your ttables . maybe you need to check all the cable connections , and sometimes you have a bad connection between headshell and tonearm . try cleaning up the four pins on the backside of the headshell .
do you have signal if you put the needle directly on the inner grooves ??

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 5:46 pm
yes i had 100% until about the last 2min. on the vinyl then it goes 60%-100%-77%-100%-40%-80%-24%-and finally down to 0% during the min. or less

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 8:18 pm
i understand that but my question was : if you load a song and then put the needle directly on the last two minutes of the record , do you have a 100% signal or does it jump like you described ? if it does jump , your problem must be with your hardware . if you have a good signal when you start with the inner grooves then your problem must be something else (but i´m afraid i don´t have a clue what it could be then .)

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 9:32 am
btw:what hardware are you using (soundcard , turntables , cartridges / stylus) and how did you connect everything ?

Posted Sat 25 Jun 05 @ 9:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)