Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Is there a skin that has loads of sample/jingle carts?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

...that has loads of sample/jingle carts?

I use the V-Mix skin. I use a lot of jingles and samples so the 12 available on there just isn't enough. I don't want to have to load in new files all the time. Does anyone know of a skin that would give me 24 or better still 36 slots for samples/jingles.

Posted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 9:16 am

Posted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 9:53 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 10:29 am
Thanks Tayla,

I'll give it a try ...a bit shocked to find they are using a lot of the 'jingles' recorded by me about ten years ago! :-)

Posted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 1:42 pm
I never get rid of anything... lol

Phil, it's Tayla, Micks mate...

Posted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 1:53 pm
I've had a play around with it and it's a good little toy but I want to fire the jingles from a midi controller. I just wish there was something in VDJ. I'm sure some boffin could create a skin with 36/48 sample carts, it would make life a whole lot easier!

Posted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 1:59 pm
been asking a for a few year now, has something to do with the script i think, thats why we were happy when i came across this

Posted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 2:03 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
weephillie wrote :
I've had a play around with it and it's a good little toy but I want to fire the jingles from a midi controller. I just wish there was something in VDJ. I'm sure some boffin could create a skin with 36/48 sample carts, it would make life a whole lot easier!

VDJ only has 12 sample banks. You can load these sample banks up and fire as many as you want at once. You can also manipulate them via VDJScript allowing you to switch banks of samples with a single click/press or whatever.

As has also been announced VDJ7 supports up to 99 decks, so you can investigate using that feature when it's released to accomplish what you need.

Posted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 9:48 pm
Only problem there Scott you got to load as many decks as you need every show however.

Posted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 5:32 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
But all of that can easily be taken care of via VDJScript (for both decks and sampler) surely?

Posted Sat 18 Sep 10 @ 12:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)