Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: How do I make a mapper definition file? (For Novation Launchpad)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I'm thinking about buying a new controller, started thinking about the novation dicers (which look awesome), but after watching something on DJ Tech Tools with his midi fighter thing, it got me thinking... I need more buttons! (and maybe a few faders/encoders, but I can't see anything with lots of both)

So the novation launchpad seems a good contender since it's got 64 buttons! And they all light up and can be set to light up in different ways, so I could have just the top row for cue points, and they could be one colour to remind me what they are, then the row under that could be loops (in a different colour), then under that loop rolls, under that different types of echo, etc.

So anyway, it's caught my imagination, but there's no mapper definition file for it, and I'd want to get the LEDs all working for visual feedback.

Is there any info anywhere on how to create a definition file?

Posted Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 6:17 am
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 7:59 am
Thanks for that!

Posted Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 8:59 am
humm I'm looking at the novation also,god knows we're gonna need em (knobs) pretty soon....lol....but also to control other softwares (Sonar & Reason Rewired together which i've just fixed the infamous Rewire bug experienced by trillions...he,he) let us know how that goes..

Posted Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 9:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)