Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Transition "Banks"

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is it possible, i would imagine it is to have a plug in for transition banks. like how there's a sampler bank plug in. i would like to group certain types of transitions together for live mixing. i am of course talking about VIDEO transitions.

CAN IT BE DONE?!

Posted Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 1:11 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't understand exactly what you are asking for?

Posted Sat 11 Sep 10 @ 8:44 pm
well soumds like he means.....like the sampler manager...sooo....a plugin that would group transitions in groups....right?

Posted Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 3:12 am
Thats what I thought. Creating a group manager for them is very easy but given they are already listed on the skin, on the effects tab and are selectable by VDJScript I'm not sure I see why it's needed?

Posted Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 5:33 am
thats exactly what i meant. i have them scripted for keyboard short cuts and for my nano pad but i feel i could use them better if grouped and lets say a button to switch all 12 at a time etc like you can with the sample manager.

Posted Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 1:35 pm
You could already create groups and switch them with VDJScript...

Posted Sun 12 Sep 10 @ 5:44 pm
is this explained somewhere? or examples?

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 10:45 am
Ya can you explain a little more cause im curious as how to do aswell. I tried it the way you would do it with samples but that didn't work.......

Thanks for your time

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 10:50 am
It's not explicitly explained anywhere, but basically set key(s) to change a VDJScript variable (explicit value, cycle, inc/dec whatever) then compare against that you can use it to achieve banks.

For example, map a key to 'cycle "transitionbank" 2'. With each press the variable transisitionbank will from 0, to 1, to 2, then repeat.

Then map a key to something like:

var_equal "transitionbank" 0 ? video_transition_select "Cut" : var_equal "transitionbank" 1 ? video_transition_select "Fade" : var_equal "transitionbank" 1 ? video_transition_select "Grid"

You can obviously map more keys to the same variable thus acheiving preset banks.

I haven't tested this, but something along those lines should work.

Posted Mon 13 Sep 10 @ 2:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)