Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Does vdj have effects like this?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNxcuUh8BQY&feature=related

Just came across this vid... I'm loving the effects. Is anyone using anything similar vdj?

BTW the reloop controller he's using his now available (master edition) has a controller & fully fledged mixer with inbuilt soundcard. Pretty good I must say...

Posted Thu 02 Sep 10 @ 5:40 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Don't Know But I Like That Mix Tap/Loop Cut?.Nicesssssss

Posted Thu 02 Sep 10 @ 11:51 am
Now thats Cool!

A bit ott for one song lol

Posted Thu 02 Sep 10 @ 11:56 am
I would say he's using about 4 or 5 different effects. Flanger, Cut, and some others. That 1 that repeats, i could swear someone just came up with some script that did that. They were using 1 of the effects in our effects section. Im not at home right now but ill post it if someone doesn't beat me to the punch. I agree that's a bit much for 1 song, lmao!

Huey

Posted Thu 02 Sep 10 @ 12:17 pm
No TexZK it was the SMX1_XF-FX plugin by Deun-Deun. Heres the link to the thread,
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/131515/Hardware_Technical_Support/Novation_Dicer_midi_cont%3Cspan%20style=, but for time seeks I'll type the script out if your just using a keyboard, lol!

Button 1 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 85%"

Button 2 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 75%"

Button 3 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 65%"

Button 4 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 35%"

Button 5 "effect "SMX1_XF-FX" active while_pressed & effect slider 1 10%"

But to get it to sound like what was in the video you would have to 1: map a button to turn the effect on 2: map a fader for the slider and boom it should work................havent tried it myself but in theroy it should work, lol!!

Huey

Posted Thu 02 Sep 10 @ 6:41 pm
between these effects all that can be done....

cut
beatgrid
flanjet
gates

btw anyone listening to that (other than a dj, would find it very annoying) overkill of effects

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 12:18 am
Agree DjxlBass.having listened to dance music for 30 years its an overkill been that stutter effects are based on Resampling and its been done since the caveman era.so after say a combination of 6 or 7 effects it just sounds like a sampler and some flange added.also notice (huey) that he's got the touch on the "platter" progammed to trigger or activate BUT he's just pressing on it (weight sensitive instead)..the total effect not very appealing to me.

Posted Tue 07 Dec 10 @ 8:17 pm
why is it that after I download samples effect they do not work an help. I save all files in the sampler folder then try to load them no joy.

Posted Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 10:56 pm
Some samples dont work for some strange reason but if u convert them to mp'3s they'll play...

Posted Sat 11 Dec 10 @ 11:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)