Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: PLZ help...how to adjust CBG computer beat grid

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

does any1 know how because when i try to mix using the sync button on half my tracks the squares, CBG , are not where they should be....or where i would like them to be? can I adjust this with the mixlab v3.1 skin or perhaps another skin?

Posted Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 9:42 pm
I don't use that skin but i think if you just click or right-click on the BPM it will adjust it.

Huey

Posted Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 9:46 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Some skins have CBG adjust buttons.

But on nearly all skins you will have a BPM button. Left-click several times the BPM button to beat-tap. And right-click the BPM button to have advanced options regarding the BPM.

You can also edit the CBG of a track that is loaded on a deck by right-clicking the track in the browser and selecting "Edit BPM"

Posted Sat 28 Aug 10 @ 5:47 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If VDJ has count the BPM correctly then all you have to do is to adjust the cbg.

You may use keyboard shortcuts for this also.

Assign 4 different buttons with the folling syntax.

deck 1 adjust_cbg +1
deck 1 adjust_cbg -1
deck 1 adjust_cbg +0.01
deck 1 adjust_cbg -0.01

also 4 buttons for deck 2

If VDJ has found different bpm than the correct, then you have to use TAP to find it manually, and then adjust the cbg

Posted Sat 28 Aug 10 @ 7:01 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Even better, my NS7 has a "beat tap" button. I had never tried it before then because VDJ finds the BPM fine. But I when I tried it, I realized, I LOVED IT!

You need to map a button with "beat_tap". Then when playing a song, pause it and center that first down beat on the "play line" in the top wave form. Now press the "tap" botton 1 time quickly. Your CBG will center that first fat mark on the Play line in the top waveform. Which if you chose the right downbeat, Will mean the you CBG is now perfectly aligned in one click.

If you accedently hit it twice or the CBG gets more dense, just re analyse the BPM of the song to restore how it was. Same goes for if you mess up the CBG remark. If the 1st fat CBG mark is to close to the beat you are marking, but it still needs a very small shift to be centered (centering is not always perfect) you can also mark the next beat (to move it far enough away) and then try to remark your down beat.

I use this constantly. About 70% of the CBGs in my lists were off. I wish I had known about this button sooner, at leat before buying the NS7. Now that I know about it, my mixing has gotten better and faster! I might not have needed my NS7 to improve after all, even though I really do like it.

Posted Sun 29 Aug 10 @ 7:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)