Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: database problems :(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
hi everybody about 3 days ago my vdj database colapsed...
so now there´s no quepoints and all my tracks are unanalysed. this sucks my old database is still there and if i open my djc version then all the ques comes back (or at least from all the song that i had before 3.0)...

when i start vdj it says "internal database corupted"...

i could fix a new setup of cuepoints and rescan everything but thats a lot of work and about 80% of my tracks is scanned and qued on the djc version why does it not work on 3.0...

(EDIT my next question is about skins why does not that multiinsane skin works how do i use new skins that are not default EDIT)

thanks in regards

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 2:56 pm
HannepPRO InfinityMember since 2004
iv´e reinstalled it and now all my old tracks works as before just those track that ive got this week lost their quepoints...

that skin does still not work

Posted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 8:54 pm
hi

Please know that the console version and the full version from 2.x and up, does NOT use the same database.

The full version (2.x and up) uses an XML file

If your console version database is intact and correct, delete the xml database file, and restart VDJ
This will build an XML file based on the old console database.

New files added to xml database after starting using 3.0 will be lost of course

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 3:31 am
multi instance skin works this way :

1. enable multi instance of VDJ in virtual dj settings
2. start VDJ and choose the multi instance skin.
3 start VDJ again (running 2 VDJ at the same time)

this way you have 2 VDJ open at the same time, and the multi instance skin makes them fit together on the screen

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 3:34 am
Hi Hanep!

Don't know, whether you're still interested in a solution for your initial database problem. I had the same and ist seems, that VDJ got confused, when analysing two songs in parallel. I could solve the problem by editing the xml Database file: it simply didn't have at the very end following statement:

I just added this line and everything worked fine. And my bloodpressure (after having realized that I might have lost a year's work) sank again.

All the best!

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 12:25 am
What line did you add?? I am having the same prob!! I had 2.06 and updated to 3.0 and now only about 30% of my songs are analyzed and most cue points dissappeared!! PLease helP!!

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 9:26 pm
your problems could be related to a bad version of virtual dj.

Posted Sat 30 Jul 05 @ 9:54 pm
I'm having the same issue as well...and, I don't know if it might be related or not, but for some reason my .wav sound bites won't play either. I tried playing them in Windows Media Player and they worked just fine, but in Virtual DJ, It doesn't play at all. Would that be related to the 'Internal database is corrupted' Error I keep getting?

Posted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 5:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)