Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: GForce Go 6800 not supported ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, big problem here : got a brand spanking new Dell Inspiron 9300 Laptop with 256 Mb Nvidia Gforce Go 6800 graphics card, Pentium M 2 Ghz, 7200 RPM Hard Drive, latest drivers, and I can't use the video feature of VDJ other than picking "Window" rendering in the setup. It keeps telling me : "error in the video driver" if I choose the Nvidia graphics card...

Any help would be welcome...

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 7:49 pm
Try reinstalling your drivers for video card and also directx.
Also check the settings in the video card control pannel...and try again.

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 7:53 pm
Just did that : reinstalled the drivers, even the chipset ones from Intel, reinstalled DirectX, have the "extended desktop on 2nd monitor" set in the control panel, still no go, with or without harware acceleration involved...

Is there a newer version of VDJ with updated video handling (I thought I could download a version where you can choose NOT to have the VDJ logo on the video display, but when I go to the download page, it tells me I already have the latest version of VDJ and no download is available for me).

I thought for sure I could use the second display capability with a Nvidia Gforce Go 6800 256 Mb, but I can't seem to get rid of that "error in video driver" message...

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 8:17 pm
Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
what is the resolution and colour depth of your second desktop?

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 11:43 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
he's right the second display must be in 32 bit or you get the error.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 05 @ 12:15 am
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
To hide the VDJ logo (assuming you do have the latest update) go into te video tab of the config menu and you will see a checkbox right about in the middle of the screen that says 'Hide logo.'
Check that and you should be good to go.
Hopefully the 32bit color depth fixes your driver error.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 05 @ 1:41 am
Ok, I found out what was wrong. On the Inspiron, if you don't hook up the external screen (2nd display), the setting doesn't "stick". It works great now.

Thanks for your help, this software and its community are the greatest. These were $129 well spent. Never was as happy buying software than with VDJ. Beats the crap out of Final Scratch.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 05 @ 3:08 am
One more question though : I definitely don't have the "hide logo" option, how can I download the version with that option ? The website won't let me do it, it says I already have the latest version...

Posted Sat 11 Jun 05 @ 3:12 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
e-service tell them to re-up the no logo patch for you.

Posted Sat 11 Jun 05 @ 3:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)