Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Show a pannel based on a querry... Is it possible?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a panel that I would like to be visible only when a certain effect is active. Is this possible with VDJScript and how?

Something like this:
deck 1 effect 'flanger' active ? skin_pannel 'FlangerOptions' on : skin_pannel "GeneralEffectOptions' on

Actually I can write this in a button and it works, but ONLY if I press the button! I want it to work ALL the time. Meaning that if the user activates flanger (even via keyboard or controller) my "FlangerOptions" pannel will show up....

Is it possible to make something like this?

(Damn, why the team didn't bother to add a simple querry mechanism to unleash the power of scripting???)

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 9:46 pm
ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You may have to deffine it on you MIDI Mapper too that the skin hase to change the panel... so you have to entry the same skript in your mapper... that may work. I've aktual no runnig version of VDJ 6 because i'm only a Limmited user. All controllings and skripts are based on skinns and Keyboard / Mouse operations when i plugin a MIDI controller.

Posted Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 12:21 am
That's my point... If a user uses the drop down effect selector to select the 'flanger' for instance, there's no way to tell VDJ to switch the pannel on/off.
You can only define the action to the button that activates the effect itself, but I want to do more stuff like this than just display a pannel when a given effect is active...

Posted Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 6:53 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you tried ...

deck 1 effect select "Flanger" ? action 1 : action 2

Posted Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 9:06 am
I don't think it is possible. I tried to do a similar thing when automix is active.

I asked JeremK to enquire about getting it added to the next major release!

Posted Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 11:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)