Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem Broadcasting with mic option

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJaneJLPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm hoping someone might be able to give me some hints to try to get my system working properly.

Here is what I have:
Hercules RMX
VDJ Pro 6.1.2
Logitech wireless USB mic headset
iMac 27"

My problem:
I can't broadcast to a radio server with the mic option. I can get it to broadcast with the Master option, but if I choose Master and mic it won't work. I get the message "server connected, waiting to start"

In most of the tutorials I see that I should have a drop down menu in the record from section to choose my mic, but I don't have the drop down option.

My headset is working for cueing songs, so it does see it for that part.

For now I'm broadcasting with Nicecast but it's not producing a nice sound so I would like to try it straight form VDJ but I have to have my mic working.

Sorry if this is a repeat question but I didn't find anything in the archives.

Thanks!!
JL

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 6:35 pm
I have the same version and the same problem! Maybe it is a bug in this version for mac!

Posted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 10:13 am
Well at least I know I'm not alone...lol

Posted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 11:51 am
I sent a message to the company with the specific problem. Maybe you can do that as well. I hope they will take the problem serious then.

Posted Tue 17 Aug 10 @ 12:34 pm
I sent in a message...I see there are other on here too with the same problem so hopefully they will get it fixed fast!!!

I really would like to use my mic.

Posted Thu 19 Aug 10 @ 7:59 pm
DJGadgPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have the same poblem!!!

Please fix this technical people!!!

Posted Fri 03 Sep 10 @ 4:15 pm
JaadooHome userMember since 2010
Hi.
This Problem is very very old.
And VDJ is the only one who have dont fixed it.
Im also waiting for a new version with the choice of the soundcard input.
On Snow Leopard i have completly no mic. But on Leopard i can use the build in audioport.

Let us see how long we have to wait for a fix.... ;)

Posted Thu 16 Sep 10 @ 3:48 pm
Well, i have the same prob.... but did not know that i cold broadcast master only, i have to try it.
I sent a notice to VDJ Staff but no answer at all.
Happy to see that I'm not alone and that it's not a self mistake.
Hope we'll not have to wait 10 years till the prob will be fixed :-)

Posted Fri 17 Sep 10 @ 6:11 pm
DJGadgPRO InfinityMember since 2010
FWIW - I have the same problems as others in this thread...I only use VDJ for broadcasting shoutcast and need to use my Mic...

I am extremely dissapointed that not only has this new software (VDJ 7) released failed to fix these known Mac bugs as promised, it has destroyed my ability to broadcast and use my microphone on my PC as well!!!!! I have been forced to (again) abandon use of VDJ on my Mac and downgrade to VDJ 6 on my PC.

PC - 2x soundcards, both non ASIO.
Mac - Powerbook (OS X 10.6.4 - 2.66 Ghz Intel Core i7)

In VDJ 6 the 'Master + Mic' selection in the 'Broacast - config' menu worked fine for the PC, but was a known bug and did not work at all in the Mac version. We were promised a fix for the Mac version in the forthcoming VDJ 7, as this support ticket answer shows;
-------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed 29 Sep 10 @ 3:20 am
Teamer: DJ Homeboy

Issues with recording and configuring the mic will be resolved in the next version of VirtualDJ. As a pro user you will be notified and will get it for free ;)

Regards,
DJ Homeboy
-------------------------------------------------------

I have tried the fixes and workarounds in the PC forum threads but;

The PC Mic output is now rendered unuseable with crackles.

The Mac VDJ 7 Software reports 'Error in Core Audio' and stops responding, requiring a forced quit.

The software is otherwise excellent, but fixing this issue is LONG overdue. When can we expect a software release that finally fixes these problems?

Posted Sat 30 Oct 10 @ 3:28 pm
Hello,

the same things happened to me ... and it´s a shame that this problem isn´t fixed yet if you want my opinion.

Anyway, there is a an alternative to use Virtual DJ for Broadcasting (including all your effects and playlists and all that stuff you use in VDJ) AND to use the microphone at the same time .

I tried NICECAST for broadcasting my stream - and it works fine with Virtual DJ (I use VDJ 7 pro). But at least, it will take you 40 US$ to use it in full function. But you can try it for free!!!!

What you have to do (if you use a MAC like me):

Download NICECAST and setup the data you need for your stream. In the Nicecast Main-Window select "source". After that, click "Advanced" and use Virtaldj as the source!!!

Next step is to select "Effects" out of the Nicecast Main-Window. The Effects-Window appears. Click in the free space (marked with "Click here to insert effect") , choose "4FX-Effect" and then "VoiceOver".

You will see, that in the VoiceOver-Effect there are many Options to choose how your microphone will work. You can use Mic instead of the music stream, together with the music stream, faded or not ... and many others. You can activate it whenever you like while you are "on air".

Now simply choose "Start Broadcast" in the Nicecast Window and start PLAYING Music with VirtalDJ. DO NOT BROADCAST YOUR STREAM WITH VDJ, simply play the music. The streaming will be done by Nicecast - and Nicecast simply "hijacks" the music from VirtualDJ.

That should work ...

It´s something like a "workaround" and it would be much better if such an option was integrated in VDJ ... but until that day, this is the best option for me ... maybe you like it ...

I hope, anyone can use this :-)))

Have a nice day ...

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 11:01 am
Hey Kurt, I've actually been doing that for awhile now (had to since I need to use a mic)

Do you find your mic is quite? I have used nicecast with other DJ Program and my mic seems normal but when I use it with nicecast and VDJ it's really quite

Just wondering if it's common or just a me thing :)

Posted Sat 06 Nov 10 @ 1:02 pm
Hi DJaneJL :-),

my Mic is a little bit quite too. This seems to be a common problem.

I tried a lot of settings but at least, I haven´t gut more volume on my Microphone.

Never the less, this is much better than beeing totally quiet. I speak a little bit louder when I´m on air - and hope my neighbors won´t get deaf from it ... or send me out of my house ^^

Posted Sun 07 Nov 10 @ 2:08 am
Can you help me how to fix my broadcast if my port is not fowarded and not streaming from my computer

Posted Thu 22 Sep 16 @ 12:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)