Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin Button act like a Controller led - help in XML

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello!

Is it possible, that the selected button is only called if a VDJ script is on?... so i mean that to get an effect of an LED like in a modern MIDI Controller. Would it be possible that if i write down in the Button element:
action = "play ? on : blink 500ms" ... to get the action of a selected Button
leftclick = "play_pause" ... to deffine what is happining when i klick left mouse

Sounds working... but it doesn't... grrr**

Could anybody help me?

C.Hackl

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 9:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
it is possible, but you have to tell us exactly what you want to do..

Blink the effect button of a skin?
All the actions refered to leftclick but you can also specify a rightclick action or a while pressed action, a doubleclick action etc.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 9:32 am
Ähhm ok...
I have a single Touchscreen.... so i would prefere the leftclick. (I would release some plugins and skripts again to optimice VDJ to a Touch screen, like to open the inputpanel if you search a song... to hide the mauscurser and so on... got those things allredy but now i'll make a better skin and i'm hanging now a little.)

For example what i want to do:
if the song plays the LED is on. (got already a script where it's blinking by beat but jut do it simple now... in example let's take the only on)
if the song NOT playing (play = false/off) then the LED blinks every 500ms.

if the button is pressed, it acts the play button.

Another thing with variables: (Force sync... Works allready in the skin but LED is not working)

if variable 'syncer' is on the LED is on
if variable 'syncer' is off the LED is off
The button toggles the syncer variable.

Thanks for help
C.Hackl

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 1:26 pm
A little confused (probably the language barrier)

Chackl wrote :

For example what i want to do:
if the song plays the LED is on. (got already a script where it's blinking by beat but jut do it simple now... in example let's take the only on)
if the song NOT playing (play = false/off) then the LED blinks every 500ms.

"deck 1 play ? on & play_stop : off & play_stop"

this will mean that if deck 1 is playing the button/led will illuminate - if not playing it will be off. The button will always function as play_stop.

not sure what you mean by syncer???

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 2:23 pm
So that means that i have to combine the action of the button and the action of the LED in the action="" XML variable and there is no way to use leftclick="" for the Button action and the action="" for the LED deffinition?

BTW:
syncer is a variable of VDJ script that forces the actual deck to sync with the other deck.

for example the playbutton:
play_pause & var 'syncer' 1 ? sync : nothing

THX for help

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 3:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)