Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Video: Cool >> Audio: Better!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, cooler headz on straight (yeah, right);

Video is the wave of the future, but the DJ interface does not "do it" as far as video is concerned (just walk into any pro A-B suite, you aint got the tools friendz!) so lets just put it on the back burner for now and tackle more important issues::::

AUDIO IS IN:

First: VDJ's hardcoded compressor/limiter are very lacking! I need some more control here guys! Like three bands at the least! I want to limit the hi's, mid'z and lo'z independently! (But I DO want some mid'z for my pipe, but's a different matter altogether...)

Also... (to be a thorn in everyone's azz unitl somebody answers me) what's up with MIDI clock sync? "Have you got your Sync On?" [VDJ folk may use that as a solgan!]

Also, better non-real-time sync so we never have to adjust shit... in short, do what SoundForge does and generate a companion file that has the maps done so there is no time "spent" when playing live: NONE OF US WOULD PLAY A SONG WE HAVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE!

hello? anyone awake at the switch?

VDJ is cooler than most everyone else... to bad they're spending time with the video crap (when Edirol hardware does a far better and with no delay or issues with skipping. Software is soooooooo sssssssslllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww it just makes no sense! XXX: if you can't afford the hardware then you shouldn't be spinning the tunes, friendz!)

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 8:58 am
Someday this will change... as with all things... time friendz! TIME will tell and those of us who know thee inside of the projects behind the "noize" will be VERY happy... but only if MIDI sync is embraced!

"I'm on uh Mexican radio..."

http://subnoize.net

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 9:15 am
soooooooo sssssssslllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww

Yah true, i think the video part is Jaggy. But The Beat Matching
Engine is better than most programs that i've used; That's quite
a few ones at that. I won't waste my time Listing. Everyone here
have read my Opinions on the Tech! side of VDJ 3.0. About Edirol
it's Good but face it VJ Live is the King believe me. For the price
and performance it should be. VJ Live will eat Edirol for Breakfast
and that's resting on idle. Video has improved my show cause cust-
omers see the videos; this is awesome for the bar & keeping your
gig. I've been a DJ for 15+ years, believe me when i say that your
comment on videos is not IMP..... ! They are Totally the GAS in
Vancouver, B.C. "to bad they're spending time with the video crap" Like i said think before you YAP. OUT!

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 11:17 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Vj live is VT3 and the toster has been around for years however there is no search and no beatmatching and you'll be buying the system as a whole to the tune of 5000 bucks...I'm good freinds with jeff as well. Its all realitive and this topic has been covered once already. The team is aware.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 11:24 am
Vj live is VT3 and the toster has been around for years however there is no search. Correct
Cyderhouse on that. Also you have to buy their hardware as well to get the Software. So in
the end VDJ 3.0 is great value for the money. Bottom Line..... Thanks. I've tried the other
programs & ther's always something not this, or that. So in the end. Story cont'd.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 11:48 am
@adeeperbluegreen, in my opinion, your sense of value is questionable. vDJ does what it does with video and many are using it with acceptable results. Yes there is some room for improvement and our A1 dev team is on the case. But if you experience problems, it does not mean that the software is bad. Check yourself. I motion to close this thread, will anyone 2nd that ?

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 4:20 pm
Exactly [digijoc-Mele] what i think about the
post that @adeeperbluegreen left. I VOTE Close
da thread. My Thumbs are high up... LOL
Thanks.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:33 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
ok done...

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 7:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)