Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: JN-Black v3.0 (1280*800) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Changes:

1. Grabzone.
I use the areas outside the "control-areas" as grab-zones. I don't want to put it in a specific area, because if that area is somehow pushed outside the screen, you have no way of moving the VDJ-window.

2. Master Tempo Button
I've placed a MAster Tempo Button in the PRO-window

3. Artist & Title info for deck B
I've rearranged these, so it will have the same layout as deck A. (user request)

4. Volume visuals below the crossfader.

5. A color blind version:

6. Nudge buttons

7. Video-window
(If you give a slideshow time of 0 in the setup, you can skip to the next manually vby pressing next.)

Known bugs:
- Selected graphics does not show for loop-buttons 1/4 and 1/2. This is a bug in the skin engine.

I know there are more changes that som users would like to see. I'm working on them. But I wanted to give out a working v3.0 skin to all users who use JN-Black.

Enjoy!!!

- Jim Nordic

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 1:28 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Jim about your 1) worries, it's not possible, unless window movement would have acceleration. Since you can move it only to the position of where the mouse is, this cannot happen because mouse (when pressed) cannot leave displayed screen :)

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 6:46 pm
/yeah you're probably right. :)

What about lowering screen-resolution. Might it not put the grabzone outside the screen?
Using Object dock -SW has sometimes made it troublesome for me to move the VDJ with the default-skin.

I could probably find a 100 more bullshit reasons... :)

- Jim

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 9:24 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Don't really like grabzones too... for same reasons.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 11:37 pm
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Do you have this skin in a lower resolution 1024 x 768?

I really liked your silver version... black looks really good too.

I cant use the silver version anymore since the new update to v3 :(

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:11 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well why not make it this way than: one grabzone would be on the logo, and another smaller grabzone in the top-left corner for 'safety' ;) If not mistaken, CDJ 100's skin uses this solution.

At any resolution, the top-left corner stays inside the screen.

Of course I'm not pushing anybody to do so, it's just a suggestion and my simple opinion ;)

erXon

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 10:45 am
48 hours and no skin. hmmm. Do I need to resubmit it?

Posted Fri 10 Jun 05 @ 9:19 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
The video pannel is really well thought. Congratulations

Just one thing funny: where to put the vdj logo lol I think it should have been nicer to put it above {zoom+combine} ;-)

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 12:17 am
thanks.

Lol. Yeah. I'm going to put the logo somewhere more appropriate in the next release.

-Jim

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 1:44 am
Thanks for this skin, it's the only one that's any use to me - I am using it on a weekly basis in my club in Manchester. Thanks again.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 9:11 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Awesome as usual Jim! Thanks a million for the color blind setting. You RULE!

Posted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 3:08 am
This is the king of skins! I have one request : can you make a 1440x900 version ? My laptop's LCD native resolution would truly appreciate and so would I...

Great job, and the only skin I use, hopefully making a 1440x900 one is not too much additional work...

Posted Mon 27 Jun 05 @ 12:36 am
RapeHome userMember since 2005
Maybe i'm just crazy/blind, but when i loaded your skin for 3.0 there is no scratch? Am i missing something here?

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 7:50 pm
RapeHome userMember since 2005
oh snap! i completely missed the "scratch on/off" button my bad ;)

Posted Thu 30 Jun 05 @ 7:59 pm
One thing would really complete this skin's functionality : can we get a TC bypass button for each deck ? Now that would just be awesome.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 05 @ 7:38 pm
gileskPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Trying out the new skin tonight and it's pretty good I have to say... :) Nice one Jim!

A couple of things I'd like to see in it though:

Skip back and forward 16, 32 and 64 beats instead of only 4 and 8. I find this feature really useful on the advanced default (my fav skin by a long way btw) to help me work out the phases of a tune when I'm running out of time to get into a mix.

A 1024 x 768 version would be awesome for us non-wideboys!

Keep up the good work anyway hope you have the time to make those changes at some stage would be much appreciated. Maybe someday I'll get around to making a skin and I can share it with you guys. Too busy at the moment with practice practice pratice and of course fun! :)

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 5:13 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Tip: you can change the values.

Steps:
1) Unzip the skin archive and edit the xml file with notepad
2) Do a search in the whole document with the word "skip"
3) Change the values to what you want
4) Re-zip the xml file in the skin archive

You should read this thread to learn more about modifying skins. http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13583

FRUiT94

Posted Wed 27 Jul 05 @ 11:09 pm
Your JN widescreen skins are easily the nicest in my opinion, I have been using your skin in my club for months.

Trouble is, I have a new laptop which is 1024 x 768.

Any plans to release an updated skin for this size?

:)

Posted Sat 27 Aug 05 @ 8:25 pm
New release !!!

3.11 update:
#1- VideoFX-button in video-pannel
#2- VideoFX parameter slider in video-pannel
#3- Video mode for each player (view video/slide/plugin for each player)

Noted suggestions:
- Skip buttons 16, 32, 64
- TC- bypass buttons for each deck (sorry i forgot this one)
- goto&pause-buttons in cue-pannel

Need Suggestions:
1. What to put in the free space in each players video-pannel. (look new feature #3.)
2. I'm thinking of putting a pannel on top of the rhythm- window, so that people have the option to hide the rhythm-window and look more skilled... hehe. But what should I put in the pannel... Big VDJ-logo, bigger song- info, or ???

Hope you guys enjoy the the skin.

I feel for all you 1024x768 users... you're missing a great skin. Lol. Maybe one day soon... :) If so, I need to figure out how to rearrange the middle section of the skin... since 256pixels need to be cut in skin-width. (I'd have an easy solution if the browser-element could be put in a pannel... but at the moment the skin-engine does not allow it.)

cheers!!!
-Jim Nordic

PS:

congrats to marinhagrande for his JORGEROSA-skin. Well done!

Posted Wed 14 Sep 05 @ 5:07 am
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Can someone please make this skin in 1024 x 768. Pleasssse!!.

This skin has all the features that one needs and is by far the best skin out there, however not having widescreen it does make the viewing of it tougher. If I had the skills to make my own skins I'd use this one as the foundation but since I don't I wish someone who has please take care of the VDJ community. I don't know why other skins don't have the "CUE Panel" Jim Nordic created. This is very powerfull tool when creating your cue points and mixing.

Just my opinion.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 05 @ 5:07 pm
61%