Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Is this a possible effect?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello, i've seen many dj's use a flanger effect in possible every club i've been to, but they have a knob that controls the effect. I know the flanger effect is out there, but is it possible for the effect to be controlled by a knob? I'm using a Hercules Rmx console.

Posted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 7:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Yup, effect parameters can be mapped to a knob.

Posted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 7:44 pm
First you need to get the many Flanger plugins that are downloadable.then you need too click configurations (settings),then mappers ,then select Rmx mapping (not keyboard) then click the learn buttons and select Your "Balance" button (you can use the "special balance" plugin to do that later.) as a controller.then hit "auto-Learn" to select the Rmx knob to control the effect knob on the flanger plugin.sounds difficult but its easy and a must.good luck!

Posted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 7:50 pm
Great, i'll play around with it. Thanks!

Posted Wed 04 Aug 10 @ 8:21 pm
I tried it out, thetracker510, you were right for the most part. Mistake is don't hit "action-learn" and type in "effect slider" instead. Once you turn on the effect, you can then control it with the knob. Works with any effect, not only the flanger. Too bad my mixer doesn't have any spare knobs, the balance knob isn't too important but is necessary. Thanks!

Posted Thu 05 Aug 10 @ 1:19 am
yeah...had my Rmx in its case,while i have been working on a skin project and it was a while back i mapped it but i dont find a need for the balance though it would be nice if we had more knobs,yes. you could addon a korg nano kontrol or similar midi controller,then you would have more options.

Posted Thu 05 Aug 10 @ 10:22 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)