Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Can I Change This.............

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can I change where it says "Drag A Song On This Deck To Load It" to whatever I want?? I bet this is something deep inside that I cant change??

Thanks for looking and your time
Huey

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 5:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Open the file language.xml with Notepad or similar.
You will find this xml file in Mydocuments/VirtualdJ Folder
Search for "DragToStart" There you will find a line with the text you are looking for.

But this has nothing to do with the skin. So if you upload a skin with this change, only you, can see the difference.

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 5:22 pm
Ok thanks man, not what I wanted to hear cause I want everybody else to see the change aswell. Oh well can't win them all.

Thanks for the quick response
Huey

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 5:28 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello,

Maybe you can include the language.xml with your skin. Sometimes there are fonts zipped with a skin, you would be the first one to include a language.

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 10:44 pm
@djjb,
I like the sound of that!! I've found the line now off to think of a phrase to put in its place...........

Thanks for all of your help guys, couldnt do it without you!!
Huey

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 11:06 pm
Wow, I didn't know that!!

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 4:53 am
Ok does it matter if the person is using say, 6.0.7 or 6.1?? Is it the same no matter what?

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 2:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In my opinion it's not a good idea to mess your skin with the language.xml
This file (as far as i know) is installed with the software. So every time someone is updating or re-installing the software he will lose these modifications. It's a matter of personalizing a skin.
Maybe 6.07 and 6.1 have the same language file, but maybe 6.2 will have different. Who knows?
Among others there are several usrers from different countries who use different language.xml (like me... Greek people).

It's a good tip for everyone needs to change this, but this has nothing to do with a skin.
But that's just me.

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 4:49 pm
@DJDAD, Yeah I here what your sayin but it kinda has something to do with the skin. For example on the skin Im gonna be uploading if you use automix it will show you what track is up next but if your not using automix it still says \"Drag a song this the deck...........\". It kinda gives the wrong impression, I can hear it now \"I drag a song to the spot and it wont load\", you know how new comers can be, lol...........Heres a picture (I already changed it in my test),

I'm not gonna do it because you do give some good points but I think we should have access to this, it is part of the skin. Also on some skins where it says that, its not even the drop zone.

Hmmm.................Wishes and New Features here I come!! Hope to see some of you there if not beat me to it, lol!!

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 5:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)