Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New !!! Pioneer created for touchscreen. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all,

I made this one a long time ago and changed it many times to make it easy for touchscreen. It is 1024x768pxl. Some buttons still have no action, but they are reserved for fogotten actions.
There is no rhythm wave in it, but it can be done.

Please let me know what you think of it.

Best regards,
John

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 3:00 am
atfmdjPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It looks great... I can't wait to use it.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 7:28 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Looks good. No space for horizontal Rhythm wave?

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 8:21 am
congratulations beautiful skin, more so a question she has no shot of a plateau, it has three different panels

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 11:17 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Some DJs who mix video have no need for platters. They might prefer a skin that has the video screen instead.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 11:18 am
djdad wrote :
Looks good. No space for horizontal Rhythm wave?

Well...I can create 2 pannels in the midlle, one for the 2 rows with buttons and one for rhythm, but that was not my idea. My idea was to place the browser in 2 pannel. I'm waiting till this can be done. Btw I don't need the rhythm.

gardensomwagner wrote :
congratulations beautiful skin, more so a question she has no shot of a plateau, it has three different panels

There are scratchwaves. I created 5 pannels for each deck (5x zoom), I think they work much better with touchscreen than plateaus.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 11:41 am
TearEmUp wrote :
Some DJs who mix video have no need for platters. They might prefer a skin that has the video screen instead.

Well it supposed to be a skin for touchscreens, so no controlers, no cdpalyers. If he removes the platers, without the horizontal rhythm wave, how could we possibly navigate through the song, to find the cue?

djjb wrote :
My idea was to place the browser in 2 pannel. I'm waiting till this can be done

You can not imagine how much i need this too.

Posted Sun 25 Jul 10 @ 8:02 pm
djdad wrote :

Well it supposed to be a skin for touchscreens, so no controlers, no cdpalyers. If he removes the platers, without the horizontal rhythm wave, how could we possibly navigate through the song, to find the cue?

You got me on this one.
Normaly I don't use cues, So I did not think of that. Maybe some buttons for set-cue and goto-cue?

Posted Mon 26 Jul 10 @ 9:32 am
No that wouldnt help. I mean, you load a song you prelisten to it, you find your cue point and press pause. But you need to make a small adjustment to this point before you set it as cue point. So you need a sensitive navigator, such as a platter, a horizontal rhythm wave or a scratchwave (which i think it disappears if video preview is on).

Posted Mon 26 Jul 10 @ 11:32 am
I dont see any load to A or load to B buttons. You use drag n drop?

I could beta test it for you, anytime. I have a spare touchscreen system myself (1280X1024 if possible).

Posted Mon 26 Jul 10 @ 11:35 am
The scratchwave dissapears when you open the master-video (center).
The artist-title string in the deckdisplay is also the load button.

I'm allready working on a rhythm-pannel

Posted Mon 26 Jul 10 @ 3:23 pm
update,

Made a rhythm window. Now I have to search for some space where I can put some cue-buttons. I was thinking of a 3th pannel for each player, but than you have no video when cueing.

Posted Mon 26 Jul 10 @ 9:38 pm
That's good for me.

Those lovely big pitch sliders could also be used as Fx Sliders, if you just make the neceserry pannels. (pannel 1=pitch, pannel 2=Fx slider, panel 3= volume slider. etc.)... just a thought.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 7:37 am
djdad wrote :
That's good for me.

Those lovely big pitch sliders could also be used as Fx Sliders, if you just make the neceserry pannels. (pannel 1=pitch, pannel 2=Fx slider, panel 3= volume slider. etc.)... just a thought.

That's also a great idea. I'll work on that.

Posted Tue 27 Jul 10 @ 10:18 am
Im likin this one.. Let me know when it is ready to test, I run VDJ on a 17" touchscreen.

Posted Wed 28 Jul 10 @ 12:13 am
Fantastic skin looks exactly what i need nice big buttons, when will it be available ?

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 5:04 am
I just finnished the cue-zone. With smart-cue rename en delete.
You can scroll up to 6 cues. Let me know if you need more.

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 11:03 pm
Hey man looks great!! Is there a way to invert this and put the browser on the bottom???

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 1:59 am
And another ideas is why not use the 4 open blocks for cues on each deck??

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 2:00 am
Thanks for reply,
I can switch bottom to top and browser to bottom, maybe I'll do it after finishing this one.

discobrian24 wrote :
And another ideas is why not use the 4 open blocks for cues on each deck??

I don't have buttons left empty. That's an old picture without rhythm.

Posted Fri 30 Jul 10 @ 8:29 am
49%