Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Making your own Skin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone,

I am interested in making a skin or modifying an already existing one. I have no idea where to start and need some help as to how to do this. I use an external usb keypad and have it programed for cues/samples by having either numlock on or off. I want to make a button on the skin that shows wheather numlock is on or off. So it could have a button that alters between cues/ samples when the button is on or off. Or just a little light or something that goes on and off accordingly. Any ideas on how I could do this?

Thanks alot.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 5:11 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 12:25 am
you can assign a shortcut for the key and it will toggle your pannel on/off so you can have small panel indicating the state of the key. NumLock is assignable kye in the keyboard shortcuts mapper.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 2:58 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
didn't think about that lopez453

thankyou for the tip.

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 1:35 am
Thanks for the help guys......Im gonna check out your suggestions and try to hook something up. When you said an on/off button for the numlock key to toggle....is this a button that already exists on the normal skin or are you talking about making a special button like I was thinking about?

Thanks Again

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 9:47 pm
A special button :-(

You can take original skin add a small panel with the bitmap tag "NUMLOCK" give him for example ID=39
and the assign a shortcut to the numlock key with value 39.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 1:31 pm
hey guys thanks again for the suggestions....sorry i started up 2 threads....i didnt realize that there was a skins thread at all so after you enlightened me i thought i would get better response over there but u guys are on top of everything. :) thanks again im gonna try it and see what happens.

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:11 pm
you're welcome, let's continue just on the skins thread

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:19 pm
Lopez...thanks for the advice.....where in the bmp do i add my button? this is what i have for my code but it doesnt work..it keeps telling me invalid skin file error line 0 in the xml.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....maybe i put it in the wrong area of the xml?

Posted Thu 09 Jun 05 @ 6:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)