Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Maya44 & TCVs problem - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I get TCVs today and it works with Maya44 USB.
But there is a problem. Every third second maya44 make signal strange and signal of vinyl fall to 60% for a 0,5 second.This is happening at booth channels at the same time! So there are not turntables who make signal low. This has influence to song playing. Every 3 seconds it slows down and some strange noise is heard.

I connected ground of turntables to laptop.

I don't know if you understand my proble. But i have 100% sihnal for 3 seconds, then it fall to around 60% for a 0.5 second and then again 100% for 3 seconds.

I have lastest drivers of maya44 USB and i use VDJ 3.

Is it possible that this problem is made because my laptop is connected to power supply without ground wire? (i make this because of noise and now there isn't any noise). But i think is not this the problem.

Please help me!

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 2:24 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
or maybe a problem with power due to usb...

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 4:06 pm
What can i do?

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 5:07 pm
first try to change the usb port to see. Or maybe increase a little bit the gain in time code config

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 5:46 pm
Aactually it works only on one (of 4) ports USB. If i connect to all other ports, control pannel write (not connected).
Perhaps it is USB port who doesn+t have enough power. Thank you cel.

So any suggestions?
I use laptop.

thx

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 7:29 pm
I connected maya card to desktop and it works. So it is definitively low power at usb port at laptop.

What can i do? I use only laptop at gigs.
Is there any possibility to make it work on laptop?

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 9:01 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
buy an extranal power supplied usb hub. it should work i think.

Happy you finally got the TCVs i posted to you!!
____
P-04

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 1:18 am
Ok i will try with hub.

Thank you again for posting me :)

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 12:05 pm
I tryed with powered hub and it is the same. I tryed to change drivers to Asio4all and it works (with or without hub). I mean, signal is 100% all the time, but i have other problems with it. VDJ is changing sides all the time. A few minutes i play left deck, and when i scratch fast it changes side and start playing right deck. strange....

So what can i do? I tryed lastest drivers (booth of them)

heeeeeeelp

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 10:41 pm
change sides: that's really strange
Give me details about your Time Code config, i mean in VDJ settings: input and output

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 10:55 pm
I don't have details because i have Asio4all drivers installed. When i install drivers from audiotrak webpage i have the same problem as i wrote - every 3 seconds it has low signal for 0,5 second and on booth TCVs at the same time!
So it isn't low power on USB port. It is the same with hub. When i use audiotrak original (lastest) drivers i have all set like in cstoll's blog.

I think it is not good to use asio4all drivers with maya...
But why original drivers are making this problem every 3 seconds???

Dj Nikki

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 11:02 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJ Nikki,

What brand/type of TTs are you using?
Also, if you use the Maya 2.5.5 drivers from AudioTrak and you should not need the ASIO4All drivers.

Have you tried disconnecting the ground from you laptop and see if the signal quality changes? It's worth a try? I know that in the club the TTs are grounded on the mixer and not the PC/Laptop and I get great signal regardless what you have read on the forum.

cstoll

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 2:26 am
I use very cheap TTs. Numark TT1610. I have them just for test. I uninstalled drivers and installed only AudioTrak drivers (2.5.5).
I unpluged ground from laptop, but it is still the same. Every 3 seconds signal goes low. I can't usderstand why it goes low at booth TTs at the same time! At booth sides it goes to 69% (exactly - nothing less) and it keeps staying at 69% for 0,5 (or less) second. Then again goes to 100%. It doesn't matter where i start vinyl.

Please help

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 10:09 am
Also i tryed on desktop and there isn't any problems.

So what's wrong with my laptop???

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 10:32 am
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
might be that the usb port is sharing an irq with another device...
do you have any crackling in your audio outputs at the same time that the tc drop appears

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 3:29 pm
@djzero
yes, at ste same time as signal goes low (every 3 seconds) i hear cracking at sond i play. And i can see indicator of song (graphic) that slows down and starts skiping for a 0,5 second.

I really don't know what to do.. I like this program, so i would like to use TCVs at my laptop too!

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 4:07 pm
check the irq's and post a list of them

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 4:19 pm
I think it's not IRQ who is making problems because winxp sp2 has multisharing irqs as i know.

I tryed to plug cd-player to maya44 and open RipVinyl to record. I selected input 1 (asio) where i connect cd-player and it is the same! Every 3 seconds i hear cracking sound. So VDJ has nothing with this. Drivers are the same as on desktop, so are ok. Only thing is that i tryed with self powered hub which still doesn't have enough power for maya44USB. I can't believe this!

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 4:33 pm
multisharing doesn't always work even with sp2 & especially with audio devices. its defently not power if the powered hub makes no difference & its not the MAYA because it works fine on the other computer. check the IRQ's these will most likley be the cause

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 4:48 pm
Ok, so where can i found which irq use each my device on laptop?
thank you for helping

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 5:00 pm
91%