Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Pyle Pro PYD725?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Huk1164ControlleristMember since 2010
Hi, does anyone know if there is a plug-in for it? It doesn't want to get along with my Virtual DJ. I have the turntables set up with my Maya44 perfectly, but the mixer isn't recognized. I tried going to the mappers section under config, but I can only choose the keyboard there. Thanks!

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 2:52 pm
Sorry, Pyle Pro PYD725 is not a MIDI capable mixer. It cannot directly control or manipulate VirtualDJ in any way. However, it DOES NOT need to.

If you configure your sound setup for Outputs: External Mixer, and plug the outputs of the Maya44 into two separate channels (1 & 2) of your mixer, then you will be able to manipulate the sound (Volume, EQ, crossfade, headphone PFL from the mixer) just as you would for normal vinyl records or CD players, using the real knobs and sliders.

The on-screen virtual mixer will not change to reflect what you are doing on the real mixer, but this is NOT NECESSARY when using an external mixer. Simply look at the real knobs and sliders on the mixer if you wish to know where they are.

The only advantage of a MIDI capable mixer is the ability to map the crossfader to video_crossfader for video mixing and spare unused buttons, knobs and sliders to control effects, samples, etc. in VirtualDJ.

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 6:58 pm
Huk1164ControlleristMember since 2010
I did the Maya 44 output method, but it wasn't working. The power is working fine on it, as well as the unit itself. Let's say that I have the crossfader all the way towards channel 2. Both tracks will still play at full blast, with no difference in audio. Any suggestions?

Posted Wed 21 Jul 10 @ 7:09 pm
First, on the "sound setup" tab of the virtual dj "config", make sure you have "Outputs: External mixer" selected.

If you have, then I guess it's a problem on your mixer, you could check that the "crossfader mode" and "crossfader reverse" switches are properly set- just make sure they're not half way across.

Also, and we're getting into the blindingly obvious ones now, can you double check on the maya 44 soundcard that you have rca cables going from outputs 1&2 to channel 1 on the mixer, and rca cables from outputs 3&4 to channel 2 of the mixer.

Hope that helps.

Posted Mon 02 Aug 10 @ 2:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)