Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Blue screen PFN_LIST_CORRUPT on analysis

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

woodsyPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi there folks,
I've been waiting for a week for a reply from the VDJ team so I wondered if anyone can help here.

My problem is that when I do analysis on my tunes my PC crashes!, a blue screens with the message PFN_LIST_CORRUPT appears at random then dumps the memory. XP pro is a fresh install after a format, I've also updated with all SP1 updates. It did the same with SP2 hence the format and re-install.

It either blue screens or locks up, this is when using my Hercules Console or the on-board C-Media (that's normally disabled) no other software is installed apart from latest device drivers.

Is there anything that can be done? has anyone else experienced a crash when VDJ is alalising?

DJ Mix station3 (the exe saysits 2.2?)
2.6GHZ AMD Athlon
512MB ram

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 12:50 am
hi a look at this adress there's maybe a hint about this bug

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;291806

also another search a microsoft.com about the problem say that this error is typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists

so check you're hardware drivers if it's a fresh install use the cd from mainboard manufacturer and be sure you install all the motherboard specific chipset drivers.

if the error still happend check you're memory, use http://www.memtest86.com/ memtest86 to check your memory

hope it helps :)

fred

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 2:05 am
Thanks Fred,
The team has suggested it's a memory problem, however I ran the memory test for 4 loops (2hr test) without error, I then installed the latest mobo drivers, via 4in1.
All seemed to be working fine untill it crashed out with blue screen re-start again, this PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is caused by memory corruption from a buggy driver or program in the system that is writing on memory that it does not own, or by incorrect MDL handling, either way I get a blue screen when doing analysis.
The strange thing is I've been using v 1.9 VDJ for almost 1 year and it has been analising large folders without fault or error, the problem has occured since installing Mixstation3.

My next plan is to use system restore to go back to before I installed Mixstation3 and install V1.9 just to see if it's the software.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 6:51 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Sorry this kind of error can't be the software but only windows. It's obvious you are a serious problem with your hardware for windows

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 3:20 pm
The v1.9 also causes the crash :(
I have found no faults with my system, it is completely stable with other software I've just re-installed, ie last night I installed Race Driver 2 just to test the hardware, I ran it for over an hour without any problems, hell VDJ runs without problems.

Today I have found (after 5 days of tinkering) that if the L2 cache is dissabled VDJ will analise all day without crashing out, there is about a 5 second gap between loads.
I have a threory that because VDJ is using 100% of CPU while doing analysis or loading, there's lost data cos the CPU is busy, this means VDJ will always be at risk of crashing while loading or alalising tunes.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 10:57 pm
100%: here is your problem. it should be only 2s with a low computer

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 11:33 pm
djsel, not if the L2 cashe is dissabled, it's running on a 2.6ghz that should be ample, however i think any CPU, no matter how fast it is, will be at risk of crashing if it is committed 100% for that amount of time ( over 20.000 MP3s ).

how many times have you heared a radio DJ using VDJ have his mix cocked because the CPU is committed to loading the next tune, I don't have this problem BTW but I've heard lots of others.

It could be specific to my mobo, I'll see if there's a bios update

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 11:47 pm
I have a feeling it's a fault with my motherboard though, it could be temperature related.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 5:32 am
Someone can delete this thread cos it was indeed a mobo fault caused by heat, a new mobo has sorted it out, thanks for your help.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 9:27 pm
you're welcome

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 10:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)