Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Screen Re-shaper plug-in idea...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So recently I've been using my projector with VDJ as more of a lighting effect/custom gobo style effect rather than playing music videos on it. It works really well just shining it up onto a rear wall or in a corner and using some of the soniques that have a black background, sometimes with some writing that says something like "class of 2010" or whatever's suitable for the occasion.

The main thing that stops it looking like a lighting effect though is the fact the edges of the picture are very sharp, what I'm looking for is a way to give the video output "soft edges" so that as objects move off the sceen they just fade out rather than hit a hard edge and slide out of view.

Then last week I got a gig where there was just a 2 foot high area of wall above a window which I wanted to put a message on, it was fine but I had half of the picture projected onto the ceiling in a funny shape whereas what I wanted was just a thin letterbox shape along the wall, nothing on the window and nothing spilling over onto the ceiling.

A plugin that lets you add black edges to blank off the edges of the picture could have lots of handy uses for people with projectors I reckon! I'm thinking something a bit like the "screen re-sizer" plugin, but instead of stretching the picture it just cuts the picture off. A option for a circular/oval shaped screen could also be handy along with perhaps more options so that the edges could be slanted rather than just parallel to the real edge of the picture.

Would anybody else find something like this useful? Any extra ideas? Does anybody actually have a clue what I'm trying to describe!?!?

Posted Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 11:39 am
Good idea Andy!..as far as fading the edges you can get a similar effect (or two..) with the many freeframe effects available in the Download posted by Huey which we both dug out.They twist,warp ,fade and reshape the picture (check the fug,Res,and petes packs) and im sure you'll find something!

Posted Tue 13 Jul 10 @ 6:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)