Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: paulheu, xone92 info?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Paul,

Just a couple of questions on your xone92... Are you able to controll the virtual crossfader in VDJ with the crossfader on the xone92? how do you get the midi connection on the back of the xone92 in to the pc? Do you convert the cable to something else?

And last... why does this mixer have to be so expensive? LOL.. I know they are great mixers. Top notch...

No, but really, is there a cheaper mixer option outhere that has a midi enabled crossfader? A Rane maybe? (I love RANES.) Thanks.

Killabee44

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 5:44 pm
My audio interface (RME HDSP RPM) has a midi in/out so it's easy enough.

The Xone92 has a number of MIDI enabled controllers.

I will also be getting a Behringer BCD2000 which is basically a midi controller completely tailored to Dj use.. another possibility would be the Faderfox Micromodul DJ1

As far as the Xone92 sound goes.. I think you'll be hardpressed to find a better sounding mixer in it's pricerange..

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 3:38 am
Thanks for the info. For now I am using a keyboard shortcut to controll the video fader and that works great. I just fade the sound with my external mixer and use the keyboard shortcut to fade the video. It really works well. Thanks to Cyder for the howto. Ill stick with that for now and will see later about a midi enabled crossover (or something).

Killabee44

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 5:50 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Your welcome killa :)

I just got an xkeys stick and I'll be adding it to my rig soon as for midi its still being looked into. Remeber most old joysticks were also midi devices :)

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 6:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)