Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crashguard feature request..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

IMO crashguard should amongst it's other jobs also kill soundoutput when you choose to restart.. Right now is the audiostream crashed you keep hearing the audiountill you re-initialize and that can be quite annoying if the sound you hear is just a loud buzz :)

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 11:37 am
This might sound a bit of a long shot...but i'd like to see a 'reason' for vdj crashing.

I've had a few cases myself where vdj crashes and it sticks on one note, which plays through the speakers until i kill the gain.

I think an audio kill would be great if VDJ crashed...but so would something that flashed up and told you WHY it crashed. If you think about when a regular program on your pc crashes, a box comes up and says something like "*Program* has caused an error and must be closed. Press ok to send error report", well, something like that would be good. Don't know how it would work, but if we at least had an idea as to why is crashes, we could go about preventing it...

Like i say, a bit of a long shot i know...

Pionara

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 10:48 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Usually, when i get the crashgard the music still plays normally. and i can choose when to restart, so i can try to do that in a break!

I don't remember having a case of one note music playing untill i press restart.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 11:52 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When I had the crash guard (never since 3.0) I used to have a small loop played until I restart.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 10:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)