Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How to open the DJ-Console

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know some of you have been tinkering with the inside of the DJ-Console.... I'd like to do that myself, but I dont want to break the thing as I try to get inside it... I mean there are no screws.... Is there some sort of click-lock or is the dark rim glued to the rest of the box?

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:14 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Actually there are screws... turn the console and remove (red) rubber things. Screws are under them. But be careful, you will lose warranty for console.
Why exactly do you like to open it?

Dj Nikki

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:26 pm
Thanks!

I know I'll break my warranty... I don't care, I use TCV now. Anyway, I want to apply som conductant paint to the buttons to make them better at least for a little time. I know this isn't the ideal soluion, but it's just so that a friend of mine can borrow it and test it out. The way the buttons are now, it's more or less unusable...

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 7:09 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Tell me if it is better when you will do it. Make photos what you will do ;)

Dj Nikki

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 9:17 pm
sorry. I've allready done it... no photos. This is what I did though:

I opened the console and applied a layer of conductive paint to the membrane buttons, (that is on the small round black parts of the buttons that touch the PCB-board when you press them.) I used a conductive pen that I had originally bought for a different kind of job (Circiut Works conductive pen), and as I said this is not an ideal solution, the paint will probably wear off sooner or later.

There are differnt kinds of conductive paints, but they are all pretty pricy. And allthough I would also guess that it is better to apply the paint with a brush rather than a pen (like I did), I know that Circuit Works produce a pen with paint meant for flexible surfaces, and that one is probably better suited for this kind of job.

Another solution that might work (even better) is to just clean the surfaces that makes contact (on both the membrane buttons and on the pcb) with a degreasing solvent, (or aplying some kind of coduction-increasing spray, not paint, but some kind of oil). I should probably have tried this before I applied the paint, but as I said I don't really care that much as I use TCV.

Anyway, as of right now the console works very, very well. Actually, I find it to perform better than when it was brand new. But for how long? We'll see...

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 4:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)