Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ 3 display -8 pitch at 0 pitch with TCVs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Hi, I have this issue. I'm using an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum in ASIO mode with my TCVs.

My songs are playing good, the real pitch is good. VDJ is displaying my pitch at -8 low (And even if I set my pitch controller to +- 8%, +-12%, +-34% in the pitch controls of VDJ). The BPM displayed are also minor than it realy is (-8 pitch equivalent). In my Turntables my pitch is in 0, and myu song play at that pitch. If I increment the pitch (+2 % for example) the VDJ displays -6 pitch and the BPM at that equivalent.

I don't be able to work with the features of VDJ because of these, but I can do the mix like the old days using my computer.

Another thing is that I couldn't change the channels in wich I want to use my TCV. The defaults Channel 1 and 2, and Channel 3 and 4 are pointing to Line In and Aux2 of my Sound Card. It will be nice if it could be change by user to mic1 and 2 for example.

Thanks,
Acw_dj from Mexico

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 4:05 am
again i think this is because of 44.1/48khz incompatibility (it's about 8% difference)
if you have this error on the input and on output it can look like this.

Check your asio configuration, i am not sure but try to use asio4all if it works and enable 44.1 - 48khz conversion or try to diosable it

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 9:27 am
Again,

It dosen't matters. If I use ASIO4ALL or I use the Creative ASIO for Audigy 2, It's the same. I don't known, but In 2.06 with a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 and dont have this problem, And it's 48KHz too. I don't have in any option the posibility to switch to 44KHz in the Audigy 2. It was made for 48KHz, 96KHZ or 192KHz.

I do all recomendations (Using and configuring ASIO4ALL) and other things and I have the same result.

If this is because 48KHz, then ASIO4ALL don't work with 44.1-48KHz conversion. Because it dosen't change anything in my problem.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 11:36 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Its time to buy a better card ...
(means a card that is not from Creative...)

Anyway Asio4all 1.8 has an option to always resample @44, i dont know if exist for the current version (1.8 is still a reference) That worked for every 48k card i tried sometime, including Sblives and the Hercules djC

Posted Tue 07 Jun 05 @ 12:28 am
Thanks Aposis,

but creative is easyest to find here (I live in Mexico). I feel terrible because I pay 199 usd for my current sound card. I think the real problems resides in the 48/96/192KHz that this card uses for its operations. Or maybe it's 24bit resolution. IT's a very good sound card, but it don't work with VDJ. It's clear to me that is some issue with the comunication bettewen the sound card and VDJ. I use ASIO4ALL with 44.1 to 48KHz converter but it the same issue. The are many guys whom currently have the option of Creative and not have the Audiotrak (Maya 44) opion. I look for M-Audio here and it's the same history and it's more expensive too.

I think it's better for VDJ that works wih Creative cards also since there are more worldwide used. It's a thought.

I probe SBLive 5.1 before with the VDJ 2.06 and in there I have no problem using the "control2" option (that not longer exist) And with that option works without the -8% issue. But with the Audigy 2 have the same issue of -8% displays in VDJ.

I hope the VDJ Programmers take this in mind. (and cares too!).

Posted Wed 08 Jun 05 @ 6:31 pm
Creative has always been a big contender for soundcards but they are mostly built for gamers. I have an M-Audio Ozone soundcard and use it for the TCVs and it works fine so far but I have had a lot of trouble to get it to work just right!

I have heard many good things about the Maya 44 USB soundcard which is cheaper then the M-Audio Ozone and I will be buying this card as well just so there is less cables coming out of my roadcase. Many VDJ users are using the Maya soundcard for TCVs and know for a fact that they have no or very little issues with it.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Mon 13 Jun 05 @ 10:32 pm
For upgrade,

Maya 44 USB, is not sold in Mexico.

The -8% issue is now 0% and if I use the pitch in the TT it doesnt's display it in the VDJ. It's better these way. I hope I could get the visual aid in VDJ when moving the TT pitch.

Other issue is Why I couldn't select the inputs I want to use in ASIO Mode? (Mic1 or 2, Line1 or 2, Aux1 or 2). I most check every input to find in where is responding to plug in there the TTs.

With the outputs it's the same issue.

Posted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 5:57 pm
Hi!
I have the same problem!!!! I have a SB Live! PLATINUM...Everything is correct, but VD display that -8%....
Acw: use the Kx driver, and there you can select the inputs,outputs!

Posted Sat 09 Jul 05 @ 11:03 am
its because of 44.1/48khz incompatibility

48khz asio support was added to v3.0 of VDJ, as "beta", and need fixing

Posted Mon 11 Jul 05 @ 3:03 pm

Updated info,

With version 3.1 Audigy 2 works fine (too) but the pitch in VDJ is inaccurate. Display -8 when it should be 0 (when TTs are in 0 pitch). When you move the TTs slider the pitch in VDJ is -8 pitch of the original pitch. And the BPMs display change -8 pitch too.

I can work, but it would be better if it works like it should. Please.

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 5:44 pm
I have a simular problem. I use MAYA 44 USB and VDJ 3.1 (same problem in 3.0).

When having VDJ in TCV mode my "pitch reset" set the picth to -1.1% Is this only an display error or is the pitch -1.1% ? (my picth slider on SL-1210 is a 0%)

Posted Mon 15 Aug 05 @ 6:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)