Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Quick Mapper Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there any easy code to use a controller button for one function if tapped, and another, if held down?

At present I have "video_transition 750ms" assigned to a button for a video transition, but I'd like to be able to press and hold the same button, and have the transition run until I let go, then have the transition stop at that point.

I know about the while_pressed command, but I dont know how to create a button to do one command if tapped, and another command "while_pressed".

Thanks

K

Posted Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 10:59 am
holding will perform one action if the button is held down and another if it is clicked, however the held action is only performed when the button is actually released.

I've tried a few things, but it's not possible to do exactly what you are looking for.

The following will perform a video crossfade until the button is released (Stopping at that point):

isrepeat ? nothing : down ? video_transition ? nothing : video_transition : video_transition

If you also want to do a timed crossfade, you'd need to assign it to another button (Or SHIFT+button)

Posted Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 5:39 pm
Thanks, at the moment i just tap the button to start the trans, then tap again to stop midway, or leave it to trans right through. I think Ill just programe a 50% with shift key to the current button and see how I go.

EDIT, That didnt work as shift and waitlist keys cannot be used together with "preview/loop".

How about a key that if I held it, it would stop at 50%, but if tapped, would go right accross, with my 750ms speed. That would require something that first said video trans 50% while_pressed, on the other side of the : would be just the video_trans 750ms? Not sure on exactly how to code that though, and have fogotten how to tell it to go to %50 too it seems.

Posted Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 10:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)