Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: ok im new to this dj progarm(having trouble with the video part)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ok i record the video.it turns into a wave i ENCODE it with NERO.to change it from a wave to a mpeg..i go to play the video and all i hear is the song i dont see the video.i use winamp to play the video.what could be the problem.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 5:57 am
stick a wav file, which is audio only, in a MPG file and you still have only audio of cource.. you cannot encode video into a wav file

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 11:08 am
if a record it its a wave file..

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 1:24 pm
if so, you are only recording the AUDIO with NERO

check settings in NERO, make sure you are encoding both video and audio... to mpg

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 1:58 pm
do u know where to look on NERO..

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 12:16 am
ok this could help out sum more..i loaded up the video that i recorded back into virtual dj.and the screen is blank,just says the name of the video.is it just recoding the audio on the program or what.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 12:33 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
By using VirtualDJ only you can record audio files but no video ones.
If you convert your audio file as a video one you'll get no pictures inside it.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 5:43 am
What happens if you load the track in media player? and what extension does the file have?

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 10:30 am
this comp. doesnt have media player,only has winamp,could that be one of the problems.so u can only record the audio part with this progam,what do i need to record the video part?

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 1:28 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
baggedtwenty:

Ok let's clear up some things first, what are you trying to do actually (this is how I understood):

>> Are you loading a video to one deck, which is displayed, than you mix it into another video while recording, and than when you finish, you want to watch the mixed session you recorded with video transitions you made?

If the answer is yes, than this is not possilbe. With VDJ itself, you can only stream video on another output (for example to a TV, another monitor or screen-projector), it's not able to digitally record the video back to disk in an mpg, avi or similiar file. The process would take up to much of CPU power, or video would really badly lack quality & framerate.

You can do it with screen-capture software such as SnagIt, but the framerate will be very low. I suggest that you capture the video with external device, for example another PC with good video card, VCR or something similar.

erXon

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 3:28 pm
thankx for explainin..so if i hook my computer to my tv i can record it wtih a VCR.where on the computer would i hook up a wire to run to the VCR.or what do i need--i'm not really mixin in videos.in texas there sumthin called SCREWED AND CHOPPED it the music it how we do it here in texas-we make the music slow and bring back phrases of the song.

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 7:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)