Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cyderhouse Question (Shallow Rack Case)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This question is for Cyderhouse. What brand rack case are you using to house your pc? It looks like its pretty Shallow to fit in that road case.

Thanks,
Matt

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 3:01 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
good looking out there matt! It is very shallow 14 inches deep to be exact. Can you buy one? Nope its totally custom made. It orginally was 18 inches deep. I hacked off 4 inches and custom made a drive cage and holders for this box. It uses a micro atx mainbord but holds a full size powersupply holds up to 6 hard drives I have 4 in it right now. I paid 40 dollars off ebay for the case.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 7:33 am
Nice Nice! Well ... Maybe I'll Fire up the Sawsall and cut one of my 3U's up. I've found a couple places online but usually the shallowest they come is 16". 14" Seems to be just about right. That or the laptop is gonna get a gig of ram.

Thanks Bro,
Matt

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 8:06 am
Matt,

I would go for the rackmount it will be around for years to come. Mine is already on its second mobo and processor. Not to mention the video card options. Our laptop friends are finding out their laptops true limitations with the new video feature.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 8:54 am
Hey Cyderhouse. I got a Q for you. Im planning to buy a completely new pc or build one. What would you recommend, a Desktop or a Laptop? Considering the use of it mainly for Djing? Waiting for a reply.
thanks
DJ Aditya

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 2:18 pm
Personally I don't like laptops because once you buy one your stuck with it. Meaning you can't upgrade it as needed. I'd build a rackmount it the most cost effective solution.

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 5:57 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It is possible to upgrade laptop, but only HD, ram and cd/dvd-rom. Graphic card can't be changed. It is true that laptops are more practical for carring, but this is actually all you can expect of them. All pieces are expensive. If you are not moving with your computer all the time you don't need laptop.

Dj Nikki

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 6:39 pm
i would like more info on the rackmounting part of it...any webs u can suggest?
thanks

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 7:03 pm
well if your in the states www.newegg.com is the source for parts. They have everything and I mean everything and their prices can't be beat. They even have a few rack cases in stock

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 7:18 pm
Ok..thanks dude..im not in the us but keep visiting every year or so...anyways..thanks

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 7:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)