Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Behringer BCD2000 or XP-10? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

If VDj supported the above controllers, which would be a better buy? considering it my first controller/mixer? all thoughts are welcome.

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 3:51 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
In my opinion is better behringer if it will be your first controller. XP10 is only controller and you will have to buy external mixer. Behringer has everything and it is much cheaper than 2 XP10 and external mixer together.
On the other hand, XP10 is much more proffesional tool than BCD2000. I own 2 xp10s and i am very satisfied with them. I am going to buy external mixer now.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 4:01 pm
ok thanks dj nikki... i think im gonna go for behringer cos its my first...and i wont be able to afford 2 xp10s and a mixer.
By the way, what headphones do u recommend? which one are you using? (i saw the pic in your blog)
and lastly, will the behringer work with vdj?

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 4:12 pm
About headphones.. i use Sony MDR-V500, but there are better headphones too, so i would recommend you to buy pioneer HDJ1000 or sony MDR-V700 (cheaper). I worked with booth of them. Perfect sound!

A lot questions were about Behringer console and VDj and compatibility. I think it will work with VDJ, but rather wait to some tests with VDJ and then buy it. I think that there isn't single console at stores at the moment anywhere. It is told console will come to stores again on October.

Maybe i will make something like http://www.virtualdj.com/blog/Cyderhouse/ with Behringer console inside.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 4:57 pm
That looks like an awesome setup there... the tft screen is concealable! cool work Cyderhouse!
thanks for all the posts DJ Nikki.
i will be looking forward for more info on the BCD2000 and its compatibility with VDJ.
thanks
DJ Aditya

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 5:40 pm
You are welcome =)
anyway... BCD2000 IS compatible but not yet tested by users like us. I am waiting for tests too.

MIX ON!!

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 6:29 pm
Yippeee! thats great! waiting for the test results! By the way, i like your setup too man! a very clean setup without much clutter!
anyways!
MIX On (as u said!)!!
DJ Aditya

Posted Wed 01 Jun 05 @ 6:36 pm
Hey all, anyone heard from behringer yet? what about the bcd2000 test with vdj?

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 7:41 pm
when you look @berhinger site there is

"available in the 2nd quartal" - english
"......................3rd quartal" - default one
"disponible au 3eme trimestre 2005" french one
"disponible el segundo trimestre" - spanish
"ab 2. quartal erhaltlich" - german

trimester is 1/3 of the year if I am not wrong

hmm different data, maybethe availability differs from country or it's not updated correctly
on the default page i saw 2nd quarter, and yesterday morning it turns to 3.rd quarter, current status is described above ... strange

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 8:46 am
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
BTW.. i'm using Sony MDR-V700 headphones and they are awesome !
See here:
http://www.djdeals.com/sonyMDRV700.htm

Actually i would be very careful with buying a Behringer console. Stuff that is new usually got bugs and people like you are the first field test for it... It was the same with the Hercules Console, for instance the jog-wheel bug! I had to send mine back to get a new fixed one with a new firmware.

The Console is now working pretty stable (Hardware & Drivers) and though it got it's limitations you know what you are getting and for a beginners dj tool this is just perfect! What i would advise you to do is buy also an external mixer, connect it to the HDJC and you have a really solid setup! :)

Then later on you can still upgrade your mixer with 2 xp10's or maybe even cd mixers or whatever ... ;)

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 10:43 am
thanks for the advice sharan, but i think i would end up spending much more than planned if i buy a HDJC and an EXt mixer....but that way Behringer BCDt2000 is quite reasonable for a mixer+controler...
thanks anyways...

Posted Fri 03 Jun 05 @ 2:42 pm
I'm really quite doubtful if the BCD2000 can offer the performance of a mixer and a dj console for that price. I made the experience that you only get what you pay for!

Of course it depends how much stress you put on your equipment, but usually lower price means lower quality. And lower quality can't endure the stress you will put on it. Sooner or later it will fall apart.

My DJM-300 mixer ONLY almost cost the double amount of the Behringer Console. Wonder how the Behringer faders and knobs will perform when they have been used for some time ...

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 2:19 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I agree Sharon, I even thing the DJ console will be better than the Behringer BCD2000, it doesn't look too hot to me, i'm waiting either for a more proffesional controller, and if that doesn't turn up i'll start looking at time code cd's...

However, the hercules and mixer set-up is pretty damn smooth for the price!.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 5:04 pm
Did you guys check out the bcd2000 performance video? it was pretty good even though the sales guy stuttered a lot... but seems like it does all the stuff it says...
hmmm interesting

Posted Sat 04 Jun 05 @ 8:50 pm
The problem with Hercules and everybody knows are these damned plastic buttons which are very hard to press. Especially the play button is a big drawback! Now lets say you connect the Hercules in an external mixer...so you will not use the faders and Bass Mid treble from the HDJ.

So the only usage of HDJ is only the jog wheels and the effects buttons. It seems to me that 200 E for using the HDJ's jog wheels is to much!!!

I really believe the Behringer will be much better than the HDJ

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 3:14 am
So do i, thats the same point i was trying to make here...since its coming for a very reasonable price, no one would expect anything awsomely great, but for a beginner it should work well...right?

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 6:22 am
For a total beginner it might be a start... yes of course!

BUT you are only as good as your equipment lets you to be, i'm pretty sure that you will quickly outgrow that Console and start looking for ways to improve your mixing. IMO the first step to it would be a proper mixer and after that maybe XP10's or CD Mixers ...
My point is that if you improve your setup this way there will soon be no need for the Behringer mixer anymore.

The Hercules Play-Button is surely a big problem and the faders and knobs are quite unprecise, but for a beginning this is ok and it's still possible to start the track with the mouse or do minor corrections for maybe the pitch faders on the screen. As i mentioned before: You only get what you pay for!! And around 200€ is really not much for dj gear !

Concerning the BCD2000 video that is mentioned here: WHAT THE HELL DO YOU SEE THERE DEMONSTRATED ?? Except for that stuttering dude i can see n-o-t-h-i-n-g that shows how this consoles performs live.

I would definitely wait until there are some objective reviews about the Behringer Console before buying it !

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 2:33 pm
Ok i think you make a lot of sense there sharan! thanks!
about that mixer...i wanna buy a mixer good enugh for home use and maybe for party/club use too but within a $200 mark...any recommendations? on my other post i have the same question...
anyways, since we are on the same topic, what do you think about the Behringer Mixers? More precisely the Behringer Pro Mixer VMX300? any thoughts? I went through all the mixers available for Djing...but i found this one pretty simple and straight forward...what say?
thanks dude.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 2:59 pm
http://www.123dj.com/mixers/behringer/djx400.html

Check there ! Behringer builds cheap equipment, but certainly on the cost of audio quality. Still such a mixer is way better than that toyish stuff on the consoles! :)

The above mixer resembles mostly the build of the Pioneer DJM-300 which i myself use. But cant tell you anything about the durability / quality of it really. Cant give any recommendations for the VMX300 as well , dont have any experience with it.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 05 @ 5:20 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Please, if you want to discuss pro's and cons of the hercules, read the 10's of topics already posted, I think i've wrote conclusive reviews on this product at least 5 times now...

bagpuss

Posted Mon 06 Jun 05 @ 8:28 pm
91%