Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Scratch Pad.................. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok sometimes at parties and other events I need to write down someones contact info or something like that, anyways when you click on the \"Effects\" tab you\'ll see \"Sound effects, Video effects, Video Trans, and Others\" could someone make a plugin that would work like \"Notepad\" and in the corner where the effect controls would be is where the scratch pad or note pad (what ever you wanna call it, lol) would be. As of right now I have to pull out my phone or write on a napkin(if I can find a pen).

As you can see theres plenty of room and there would be no need to go outside of VDJ. Now not knowing ANYTHING about programming or creating a plugin but I know that with other plugin's such as SBDJ scroll text and Fire text you can type in text and save without having to leave VDJ. Not sure if there's a great demand for this but it would be a nice addition to VDJ.

Thanks for your time and hope to see a plugin like this in the near future
Huey

Posted Sun 13 Jun 10 @ 7:16 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I actually wrote a plugin that did exactly this a while back but never released it...

Posted Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 4:38 am
You ARE THE MAN!! I so wish I had your skillz!!
I would be willing to test it out for ya?

Thanks for looking and your time, hope to hear see it soon, lol!
Huey

Posted Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 6:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SBDJ wrote :
I actually wrote a plugin that did exactly this a while back but never released it...

SBDJ.. i wanna steal your HD...lol

Posted Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 5:49 pm
Haha, yes, they do have an awful lot of half finished/unreleased stuff on them. I'm gradually working through my projects trying to clean them up and get them out where suitable. I've got quite a lot of plugins that I've written that do stuff just to accomplish a task for me specifically.

It's one of the best things about VDJ IMHO.

I did experiment with a basic web interface for this scratchpad as well allowing punters to potentially browse to the web address using their mobiles and post requests and so on, along with SMS integration with ScrollText v2 to push requests to a request tab on the scratchpad.

The basic scratchpad shouldn't be a problem to tidy up and post though :)

Posted Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 8:14 pm
Sounds great!! The basic scratch pad would great!! And yes I'm still crossing my fingers on the release of your ScrollText v2!! Just the first version has made things easier at our shows so v2 I'm sure is gonna be badass!! And @djdad can have the HD I want your Brain!! Lmao!!

As always Thanks for your time and keep up the great work!!
Huey

Posted Mon 14 Jun 10 @ 9:14 pm
He,he and I thought thats what he meant by HD...The Brain!! he,he

Posted Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 5:13 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
And yes I'm still crossing my fingers on the release of your ScrollText v2!!

I was actually doing some work on the SMS part of that last night ;)

Posted Tue 15 Jun 10 @ 6:19 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
SBDJ wrote :
The basic scratchpad shouldn't be a problem to tidy up and post though :)

That's great news to hear, I've been doing the notepad thing for a long time and it would be an added benefit in doing it from one application..

Looking forward to that release Scott...You is da man.

Joey....

Posted Thu 17 Jun 10 @ 10:39 am
JoeyKJ wrote :
You is da man.

So true!!

Posted Thu 17 Jun 10 @ 12:28 pm
Yo Scott, hows it going? I know your a busy man with family and other things, were kinda in the same boat. Just seein hows the Scratch Pad coming along.

Thanks for looking and your time
Huey

Posted Mon 21 Jun 10 @ 4:56 pm
Having a problem with the SDK; I've forwarded my problem onto development for their input.

Posted Tue 22 Jun 10 @ 4:15 pm
Sounds good man, lets hope it an easy fix.
As always thanks for your time
Huey

P.S. Have you done anymore with Scrolltext v.2??

Posted Wed 23 Jun 10 @ 8:34 pm
Just checkin in to see if any thing has come up from the dev team?

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Sun 04 Jul 10 @ 10:00 am
thank You

Posted Tue 06 Jul 10 @ 12:59 am
?? This must be a bigger problem then what we first thought it was.

Huey

Posted Wed 07 Jul 10 @ 7:39 am
Does anyone from the dev team have any info on this plugin??

Huey

Posted Wed 14 Jul 10 @ 4:44 pm
The dev team won't have any information as I've not sent them the plugin. Basically the plugin is tied to the "Other" plugins since you shouldn't need to have video active, and it's not ideal on an audio deck either. I haven't been able to get this class of plugin working yet however.

Posted Wed 14 Jul 10 @ 5:35 pm
OK you left it open with the "However..................." (please say you just figured it out)

Lol, just checkin thats all.

Thanks for check back though and keep up the great work!!
Huey

Posted Wed 14 Jul 10 @ 6:00 pm
Hello there, just checkin in. Any word on how this is comin along. You left me hangin with the however last time.

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Thu 29 Jul 10 @ 9:53 pm
87%