Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NS7 + Mac Book Pro + Virtual DJ = ? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Please post here if you are using a mac book pro with the NS7. I am thinking of getting one but would like to know opinions of anyone already using this combination.

NS7 + Mac Book Pro + Virtual DJ = ?

Posted Thu 10 Jun 10 @ 6:52 am
Although the NS7 works well with VDJ, I think it goes without saying a MacBook Pro is without a doubt the best performing laptop to DJ with.
The CPU while running a NS7 with VDJ even while online & doing video, is hardly breaking a sweat.
However, some things to consider with the NS7 & VDJ:

*You have to use version 6.05 to run the NS7, (and as a result I cant utilize Net Search)
*Theres no mic support & the speed adjustment of the wheels isn't supported

That said, if you decide to go with the NS7, get a quality case for it. I got the Odyssey black flight case and the fold out stand.

Only other consideration is what type of DJ'ing you may be doing. If your'e a mobile doing parties and random functions, you may want to consider a rack mounted Denon system, especially if you do karaoke.

Hope this helped, good luck!

Posted Thu 10 Jun 10 @ 7:35 am
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Larry,

I use mine every friday with a full video show. I aslo use it with the nsfx. I'm using 6.1 my mac doesn't seem to have the platter problem other macs do.

Posted Thu 10 Jun 10 @ 7:37 am
I have the NS7 with Macbook Pro but haven't had any success with Virtual DJ or Vinyl Change The Settings around & some of the functions work & others don't like the plater. The Cue works fine but can't get the platers to Spin at the proper start time.

Posted Tue 29 Jun 10 @ 2:36 pm
Ok for some of you Video heads just incase you are still having trouble loading your videos, I converted mine to AVI's to save space using Visual Hub, Virtual Vinyl & DJ has no problem with either. As far as the NS7 I found that the mapper settings are all mixed up so when you set the Play settings to play it defaults itself to Play_pause. I'm trying not to feel that spending the money was a waist of time Hoping that NUMARK & VDJ get them selves together because a lot of people spent a lot of money on their products & for them not to be compatible is ridiculous.

Posted Tue 10 Aug 10 @ 8:55 pm
ok djs i got everything working except mic. i'm using the latest version of virtual dj 6.1 macbook pro boot camp windows xp runs like a beast music and videos no prob

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 3:28 pm
djlarryd wrote :
Please post here if you are using a mac book pro with the NS7. I am thinking of getting one but would like to know opinions of anyone already using this combination.

macbook pro bootcamp windows xp runs like a dream

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 3:33 pm
I am running bootcamp with windows 7. Also works like a dream ;0)

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 4:01 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi, as we got some pro discussion going on here, and i myself considering a NS7 for Videomixing, i´d like to ask how you all do the videocrossfading? Am i right in thinking that the mixer section isnt midi?

Posted Tue 07 Sep 10 @ 5:44 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
The ns7 is totally midi for everything

and I'm using osx to run mine every week.

Posted Wed 08 Sep 10 @ 8:47 am
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I'm thinking about buying a mac book pro. I just wonder if the new version of virtual dj is working with mac book pro? Rigth now I have a Dell Studio 15z and is working pretty good with my NS7FX and virtual dj 7.0.1, but I really will like to buy the mac pro just because of sound quality which I heard is better than pc. I will like to know what you guys think before I invest so much money.

Posted Thu 09 Dec 10 @ 3:02 pm
Just my opinion...I have a macbook pro and my VDJ struggles with video mixing. Funny because the specs on my Macbook Pro are better than the specs on the HP G71 that I use, but it does not play well with VDJ and video. I also run serato and Mac struggles with certain video files as well.......

I have tried decoders, conversion and a bunch of options. I even bootcamped the Mac to windows 7 and still have issues with certain video files....mainly mp4s. I converted some to AVIs and downloaded the VLC Player for the codec support. Solid, but still audio dropouts and video freezing. Not to mention there arent as many plug ins for the Mac OS like showlogo & others.

Audio only files it runs perfectly. This is the 3rd Mac I have used with VDJ and the performance has not been as solid as my PCs. I have been a DJ & doing radio since 1994 and we have been through a lot of equipment. I know people have thier opinion, but Macs are weak. Hardware wise, they are exactly the same as PCs but triple the price. Support is great if you want to pay another $250 for applecare, but DJs that want to do flawless video....stay away from the Mac. Audio only gigs you are fine.

I own a couple only cause for some people its the only way to go perception wise.

Just my 2 cents

Posted Tue 18 Jan 11 @ 12:11 pm
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djlarryd wrote :

I just bought a new mac pro laptop and my question is, is I can Trasnfer my virtual dj folder to the mac son that I can keep my BPMs and cue setting or do I have to sacn the BPM on the mac.

Posted Wed 26 Jan 11 @ 3:54 pm
It's plug and play for the most part with version 7.x of VDJ.

Problem I'm having is that I have no mic or headphones working with the NS7 when running VDJ with it. Still trying to figure it out...

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 2:43 pm
In Step, I thought that was fixed with Version7... your headphones never worked with NS7 & VDJ? Theres got to be a topic about this in the hardware forums, and probably a simple fix!
Let us know if we can help and how you make out!

Posted Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 3:29 pm
I have the same issue with not having my headphones to pre-listen to what I am going to mix. Also what are the proper settings to set this up right? I hear alot of Dj's saying they have no problems with their setup. So what are the right settings to work with the NS7?

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 7:02 am

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 10:08 am
Quote :

Cyder, if your using the FX then I'm assuming your not using a external HD since the Mac only has two USB's?

[cyder says]
actually my mbp 17 has 3 usb ports, and I'm using an external fw800 4tb external drive from icy dock thing rocks.
[/cyder]

Posted Fri 22 Apr 11 @ 10:58 am
Disregard that image, forgot I was in bootcamp....first two are the same, Mic & Headphone, but the ASIO doesn't apply in Mac, its 4-Card Out, then click on drop down to right and select Numark USB Audio Device.
As long as were on the subject, your MAC won't read WAV files either, a problem I could never get a answer to until I found it on a Mac forum.
Other than that, and the Mac only having two USB's, and no HDMI, and the limited use of VDJ Effects, its a great machine!

Posted Tue 26 Apr 11 @ 4:19 pm
hello I install the virtual DJ Pro on my Mac pro and I dont have ASIO sound WHY?????????

Posted Wed 05 Oct 11 @ 4:25 pm
77%