Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: ?'s for the skinners............

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok new guy here, well new to skinning, but how do you even setup an image to be used or is this something supplied by VDJ here in the forums? Like do I just find High Res pictures and some how make them into a Bitmap image?? Which leads to the next question, what is a "Bitmap". Sorry if I sound like a turd but thats why I'm asking.

As always thanks for your help and tips!!
Huey

P.S.
Thanks a ton ZANARD, the slipmats work like a charm!!

Posted Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 5:12 pm
bitmap is the bmp file..
and to convert u can use photoshop, thats what i use to create the images for skins

Posted Wed 09 Jun 10 @ 9:04 pm
Hey ALex could I use "Paint.Net" cause I dont have Photoshop?? Also is the size of the Bitmap limited?? On a skin I was working on I wanted to add a bunch of slipmats but the bitmap only has so much room, can this be expanded to make more room for more images?? Anyone can chime in if they want. Ok 1 more for now, is there a default bitmap I can download some where??

Thanks for your help and any info you give!!
Huey

Posted Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 12:37 am
Also I have a skin and need a few testers..............its just a remake of a skin but I would like to submit it after its been tested out...........holla if you can help me out.

Thanks for your time and hope to hear from you soon!
Huey

Posted Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 1:15 am
The size of the bmp will depend on the size of the skin.

For example a skin for 1280x800 MUST be 1280pixels wide but can be any length you like. That's where you put your custom slipmats. Just bare in mind though that the bigger the bmp the harder the CPU has to work to display it.

I am currently working on Blacksheep Xtra and the bitmap is 1440x3200. But you tell the XML that the skin height is 900 so it only displays 1440x900. The skin has about 20 panels- that's why it's so large.

Posted Fri 11 Jun 10 @ 5:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)