Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Am I Just Being Stupid?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
ok, i'm trying to set up my own little radio station for my mates to tune into, but i cant! when i click on the broadcast option in record, it says people can listen byfollowing my IP/virtualdj.mp3 (which i obviously have to tell them). this is all good except it doesnt work. when i ask people to play it through windows media player or winamp neither seem to be able to load the URL. Winamp keeps saying "Timed Out". I downloaded both the shoutcast 1-9-5 file and the dsp-1-8-2b file and winamp, but i still cant get it to work. When i loaded up the shoutcast DNAS it seemed to block vdj and vice versa.

I've been surfing the forums all day but still can't get it to work, an now people are getting annoyed cos i keep messin them about to test if its working.

Am i being stupid here? is there a forum topic i have overlooked? i searched for stuff like "broadcasting" and "radio" etc but still couldnt find anything. Am i doing something wrong here?

Cheers Nebula :o)

PS: I'm really crap when it comes to internet settings and stuff so if its just something simple then sorry, but am stuck!

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 7:05 pm
Do you have a router or firewall??? If you do I would look into either forward the ports on your router or enable VDJ to accept incomming connections as well as outgoing.

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 7:08 pm
Ok, im gonna sound really stupid now. i access the internet thru AOL, and that says firewall software was "not detected". do u mean a hub wjem u say router? (as in to connect 2 computers to use one internet connection?) if yes then i dont have one, only the modem. as for allowing VDJ to allow incoming connections, is that under network? the full sync option?

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 8:40 pm
alright first of all there is a difference between a hub and a router. A hub only shares the internet access for each PC that is connected on the network. A router will establish the connection and do the same job as a hub and also includes a firewall.

Another would be to know if AOL blocks the ports needed for the broadcasting.

What ports are needed to broadcast? I would think 80 or 8080 but not 100% sure on that.

Regards DJ White Debil

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 9:35 pm
ok, i'm not sure if aol blocks certain ports or not. still looking for that one. i think vdj (or mine at least) uses port 8000 (the bit after the ":" after your IP address right?) if i were to go to (using internet explorer) tools > internet options > connections > AOL dialler (default) > settings and check the proxy server box, and enter my IP and port into the correct boxes, will that work?

As for hardware, the only internet hardware i have (excluding the computer) is an ADSL modem, which i dont think has a firewall, because AOL have their own downloadable software

cheers

Posted Tue 31 May 05 @ 10:01 pm
Ok I broadcast on the internet also You need to have your ip set to 127.0.0.1 and your port in _sc_serv.ini is 8000 thats all. the shoutcast plugins does all the work
good luck from bajanradio.com

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 2:29 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
AOL is a friggin virus, let them in once you never will get get them out.

And stop calling yourself stupid will ya?

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 3:10 am
cheers badbajan. will give it a try. hopefully it'll work :o)

an yeah gotta agree with mp3jrick too, aol sucks lol.

:oD

Posted Thu 02 Jun 05 @ 10:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)