Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: How to RESET Audio Effects

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Once upon a time there was a command like this:

action="effect_activate" value="reset"

It immediately cleared all active effects.

Anybody know how to accomplish the same in vDJ 6x?

There is a command in V6 called "video_fx_clear", but I think it is only for Video effects.

Posted Sun 06 Jun 10 @ 12:50 pm
Any help??? please?

Posted Thu 10 Jun 10 @ 7:28 pm
Anybody know how to accomplish clearing all of the audio FX at once with the current vDJScript command set?

Posted Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 8:23 pm
it's not possible if you activate more than one effect in a singe slot unfortunately, you should request it in the wishes forum... it's best to use a skin with more effect slots so you can monitor what is active.

Posted Fri 20 Jul 12 @ 8:32 pm
I think I had requested it back in the summer of 2010. Notice the original date on this thread :-)
I suppose I could raise the request again.

This originally helped when an FX such as backspin did not complete before something like a hotcue was effected. The track would try to finish the backspin effect again if it got back to the part of the track where the backspin started.

Posted Sat 21 Jul 12 @ 12:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This will turn off all effects on deck 1 ...
deck 1 effect select +1

Posted Sat 21 Jul 12 @ 10:15 am
deck 1 effect select +1

... is not a working out. If the effect did not complete, the deck transport stops until you take another action.

Oh how I wish there was a effect_clear or audio_fx_clear verb.

Thanks for the idea though. Any other clever thoughts will be appreciated.

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 7:39 am
digijoc-Mele wrote :
deck 1 effect select +1

... is not a working out. If the effect did not complete, the deck transport stops until you take another action.

Oh how I wish there was a effect_clear or audio_fx_clear verb.

Thanks for the idea though. Any other clever thoughts will be appreciated.

Just to clarify this:

What I mean is that if for instance you activate an effect like backspin, then activate something like a hot_cue together with "effect select +1" before the backspin ends, then hot_cue doesn't react unless you press hot_cue again.

Will do some more testing.... but that is the finding for now. Interested in any helpful comment.

Posted Thu 26 Jul 12 @ 9:17 am
If it's only one effect that you wish to "disable" (but you don't care to remember which one) then there are several workarounds.

For instance try this on a button:

effect 'Brake' active 1 ? effect 'Brake' active 0 : effect 'BrakeStart' active 1 ? effect 'BrakeStart' active 0 : effect 'Flanger' active 1 ? effect 'Flanger' active 0

This command will shut down any of the three effects mentioned, one at a time.
If only one of them is running it will be shut down even if it's not the current effect. You can expand this command to include as many effects as you wish.
PS: The order that this command shuts down the effects is the order of the effects on the command string.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 7:28 am
If you want to disable ALL running effects at once there's a work-around that I can suggest to you if you use a skin with more than two decks...

deck X clone_deck 3 & deck 3 clone_deck X

This will reset all audio effects (+EQ's e.t.c.) as per the program options.

However this is just a "work around" not a complete solution.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 7:34 am
Hey thanks for the suggestion phantom.

I had already resorted to the suggestion you make for shutting the FX down one at a time. This is where part of the trouble is... where the entire command string has to execute as part of a new action (such as hot_cue). So what happens is when shutting down some FX such as backspin, regardless of whether you execute the shutdown before or after the 'new' action, there is an "interruption".

So to try to explain a little better:

1.) start effect like backspin
2.) initiate new command such as hot_cue before step 1 completes and include shutdown command for backspin in the command string
3.) backspin effect stops, but hot_cue does not begin unless you hit it again

It seems that it may have something to do with the way some effects like backspin are implemented because the problem does not seem to exist with some other effects.

Still testing. But thanks for the feedback.

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 9:31 am
this could be what you are after

effect 'backspin' active on ? effect 'backspin' active off & hot_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

if you want to shift to delete use this

var 'shift' ? delete_cue 1 : effect 'backspin' active on ? effect 'backspin' active off & hot_cue 1 : hot_cue 1

just make sure you change the 'shift' name to match yours

Posted Fri 27 Jul 12 @ 12:29 pm
Thanks for all the input guys!

Finally got this one sorted.

As it turns out, the problem was that somehow an old .DLL (built on vDJ 2x API) was in my effects library. Deleting the old version and downloading a fresh copy of the newer effects version and stopping of the effect now works as expected.

As a side note; hope we still get a verb like audio_fx_clear added back to the library at some point...

:-)

Posted Sun 29 Jul 12 @ 2:40 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi digijoc-Mele, good to here you were successful with this issue,

Could you please explain what steps you made and what effect you downloaded in order to get the results you needed, this will help others in the forum community who are looking for the same feature as you..

Thanks for sharing,

Joey....

Posted Tue 31 Jul 12 @ 1:35 pm
Well,

I'm not sure how to explain the whole thread but here it is in a netshell.

1.) Older versions of vDJ supported a vDJScript verb that turns OFF all of the sound effects at once.
2.) To work around the non-existence of the verb in the current version, you have to turn off each effect that you *may have started* individually.
3.) My problem was that in doing this, one of the effects I was turning off was not behaving as expected.
4.) To solve that particular problem, it appears that an old .DLL of the effect was in the effects folder.
5.) Downloading the current version of the effect and overwriting the old .DLL fixed the behavior problem.

Hope that helps ;-)

Posted Tue 21 Aug 12 @ 4:44 pm
Rnow3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
synthet1c wrote :

var 'effectsOff' 29 ? set 'effectsOff' 0 : set 'effectOff' 1 & var 'effectOff' ? repeat 20ms & effect active off & effect select +1 & cycle 'effectsOff' 30

good thing I tested it... it actually kind of works, my computer is crashing due to a couple of dodgy VST's but it should be safe on normal effects... just replace the numbers with how many effects you have in your list and make sure the first part is one less than the integer number as the count is zero indexed.

Posted Sat 11 May 13 @ 2:21 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)