Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Radio plugins for Pro Version?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,

I tried to use the search function but haven't been able to find the plugins I'm looking for.

I would like to have a plugin so I can do a Live Interview while streaming radio (for example using Skype or Teamspeak). I'm also looking for a plugin or skin so I can mute or regulate my microphone?

Thanks for all answers in advance.

Josh

Posted Fri 28 May 10 @ 10:34 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
These features do not exist at present (mic control is limited to Hercules devices I believe?) and would be very quite major to implement as plugins IMHO. You're better off using a proper external mixer to mix these audio sources and broadcasting the resultant audio stream.

Posted Fri 28 May 10 @ 11:25 am
If you are using a standard Windows microphone, then a skin such as MixLab has a microphone volume control (Click on the button above the slider to the right of the browser area to turn it into a microphone volume control.)

You can create a keyboard or MIDI shortcut (CONFIG -> Mappers) to mute the microphone. There is an example on the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJScript%20Examples.html

Posted Fri 28 May 10 @ 12:58 pm
@jpboggis, so it will only work on a skin that has a "Microphone Volume Control" on it or can I just map it using any skin I want?? If so can I map a button to turn it on and use a fader for the volume? Ok 1 more thing, lol, am I just plugging the mic into the jack on my laptop or do I use a usb MIC?

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Fri 28 May 10 @ 4:59 pm
If you wish to control the microphone using a slider or knob on a skin, then yes you will need to use a skin that has microphone volume control such as MixLab.

You can map keyboard shortcuts to mute and/or control the microphone as above (E.g: mic_volume 75%) - This will work regardless of the skin used.

A standard Windows mic (Or USB mic that acts as one) should work providing you are using your computer's built-in sound card.

Posted Mon 31 May 10 @ 1:18 pm
Thanks alot for the answers so far. It does work with the windows mic and the skin, but external I guess it really does only work with Hercules. Anyway, thx for answering the dumb question ;)

Posted Sat 05 Jun 10 @ 1:07 pm
Tuddly3Home userMember since 2010
Now my question is how to add an echo effect to my microphone? I want just a little bit of echo for that recording studio sound.

Thank you

Posted Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 6:51 pm
@Tuddly3, at this point in time you can not add effects to your mic unless you run your mic through something eles first. And if your recording hip-hop you dont really wanna wet it down if you know what I mean. Now rnb and rock yeah but hip hop should really be left alone. Thats just my opinion.

Hope that helps
Huey

Posted Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 7:05 pm
Tuddly3Home userMember since 2010
@Tuddly3, at this point in time you can not add effects to your mic unless you run your mic through something eles first. And if your recording hip-hop you dont really wanna wet it down if you know what I mean. Now rnb and rock yeah but hip hop should really be left alone. Thats just my opinion.

Hope that helps
Huey

No problems there as far as genre of music I play. I'm more the Classic Rock/Country type.

Posted Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 7:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)