Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anyone having A/V Sync issuses with vdj 3.0?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Just curious if anyone was having their video playback faster than their audio. If so tell me about it.

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 4:39 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Cyderhouse - I did have a couple of instances where that happened, but I shrugged it off because I had converted some of my videos to MPEG-1 using demos of the converter programs. And just figured it was an anomally of the converter program, since most only convert 50% of the original.

cstoll

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 1:31 pm
I have had some sync issues on my work desktop, but now have a more serious problem..

I bought a 6600GT (AGP version) to boost performance of my gig machine and VDJ plays video upside down!.

When I select a track it will start playback with low level volume and video upside down, after about 10 seconds the video playback and VDJ freezes and playback continues at twice the volume it was at before..

very, very weird..

BSplayer, Windows media player or any other playback software plays fine on the exact same setup..

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 1:49 pm
A small addition to the pevious message.. MPG1 files play fine, it's the MPG2 files that play upside down and crash VDJ..

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 2:06 pm
JeremKPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It might be your MPG2 codec that's a bit crappy.

Try getting another MPG2 codec.

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 4:32 pm
Paul,

check a few things.

1. did your pc pick up your 6600 as a pci video card?

2. check your video codec. power dvd runs these videos fine once installed.

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 6:03 pm
I have powerDVD installed, it runs MPG2 files perfectly fine, so does BSplayer and Windows Media player..

Only virtualDJ runs them upside down and crashes 10 seconds into playback..

OS is completely updated XPpro SP2

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 7:47 pm
And about the codec being crappy, teh same codes works fine on both my laptop and work desktop..

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 8:23 pm
well can you change the codec prority? to use the ones that powerdvd is using?

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 8:30 pm
I am using the powerDVD codec..

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 8:42 pm
I just re-installed powerDVD and oddly enough now everything is OK..

Well.. important thing is it works.. Now I just need to find how to put the TV out in overscan.. I hate these black borders..

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 9:24 pm
powerstrip should let you overscan

Posted Sun 29 May 05 @ 9:26 pm
Cyder, I see this sync problem especially with the video of Beyonce-Me Myself and I. Link me and I will give you a copy of the video to try on your setup.

It must be the encoding, because it is out of sync even now that I am able to use h/w acceleration and spare RAM to burn. h/w accel makes the big difference with other videos tho [:o)

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 6:45 pm
Found the overscan setting. I also noticed that the more I boost my systems performance the more sync issues I encounter.. On my laptop (P4 2GHz, ATI X600 PCIe GFX) it's almost full framerate and working fine.. Same on my desktop work machine (P4 2.8G/HT, ATi Radeon 9600)

Now I upgraded my gigbox from celeron p4 2.4GHz with Radeon 9200 card to P4 3G/HT with NVIDIA 6600GT and the results are far worse.. I get sync errors all over, video is definitely not fluent, in fact it looks worse then on the laptop, although transitions are a bit better. But I'd expect improvement, not the opposite.

I'll do a full system re-install tomorrow to see if that helps, but sofar my enthousiasm over VirtualDJ does not get any better since it seems with every investment I do to make it better it in fact gets worse. Sofar we're down € 900 and nothing to show for it.. :(

As it is the sync issues and the fact VDJ somehow cannot handle the RME HDSP RPM interface (reverse play is just a bunch of bleeps and blobs, not the reverse sound I'd expect) alone make it less then likely it'll go live anytime soon.

If a re-install of windows don't help I guess I'll just chalk up the money spent sofar as a loss and stick with what works for me (witch right now is djDecks).

Oh and I'm also somewhat dissapointed I did not hear anything (not even a confirmation mail) from atomix almost two week after I placed an order and payed for 4pcs of TCV. I had serious inetentions to see whether VDJ would work for me, but sofar it does not..

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 6:49 pm
Paul,

Try running a skin without the preview monitors. Its a known issue you can't preview the active deck. Also vdj never did like hyperthreading try a disable in the bios.

I think the sync issue I'm having could be solved with some kind of delay in the video stream. Its very unnatural to see someone talking and hear the sound a few seconds later. Our brains are programed the oppsite. Maybe a video latency setting I dunno. I'm sure the team could come up with something. I don't see the delay when I play these videos in power dvd.

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 7:10 pm
My worksystem also has a HT processor and VDJ has no trouble there.. Re-install is underway right now, I just hope it helps.. It's very frustrating to spend time and money trying to build a suitable system only to find you're actually worse off once you're there..

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 7:58 pm
@paulheu

Windows re-install should be your very last option. R U really at that point ? ouch

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:42 pm
SInce I only have my DJ apps on the gigbox a re-install is no big deal.. ANd with a new CPU and new GFX card I thought I'd make a new bootimage..

I install windowsXP with all updates and drivers needed, thenmake a partition image with DriveImage.. Next time I just restore the image and have a fresh system..

Posted Mon 30 May 05 @ 8:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)